A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Immobilizer Wiring Diagram needed URGENTLY

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobilizer Wiring Diagram needed URGENTLY

Hi Everyone, I posted a thread the other day about no injector pulse but everything else working, turns out the Immobilizer is not switching off, it appears that it is not reading the key. To investigate this further I need a complete wiring diagram for the immobilizer so that I can source the problem. If anyone could help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who can and has helped.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Wiring diagram? You need a Bentley and a VAG-COM, not a wiring diagram.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
Wiring diagram? You need a Bentley and a VAG-COM, not a wiring diagram.
Not sure I understand what you mean, I assume VAG-COM is a software related diagnostic program but is the Bentley thing some kind of joke or is there something I am missing. First up I am only new to Audi but have a history with Merc and Porche and GM therefore I am not up with all the lingo. Secondly as I am in Australia, many things that are readily available and accessable to people in other countries is not so accessible here. The Dealers are the only ones with such software and for obvious reasons they are NOT willing to easily give up this kind of information. Therefore what I was hopefully asking for was for some kind of help here whether it be an image of a wiring diagram or maybe a link to a website where I can atleast get some further information that may help here.
My problem is further complicated by the fact that this car, at one stage, has had an underdash fire and has been rewired and repaired by some back yard idiot who only had two different colored rolls of wire. Furthermore this car was running fine until only last week when another local auto electrician idiot tried to repair the horn, after getting under the dash and realizing that this job was more than he was capable of, he then proceeded to just put a horn button on the Dashboard. need I say anymore.
Consequently, as per my first request, any help with a diagram image for the drivers side dash or at least the Immobilizer system would be greatly appreciated so that I can at least get this car running. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A VAG-COM is made by ross-tech and is s/w and a cable to attach to the OBD-II port. Very helpful. Bentley is the publisher of the service manual for the car. Also very useful and has the wireing diagrams. They come on CD
Old 12-29-2009, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Furthermore this car has not run since the auto elec tried to fix the horn, so obviously he has broken the circuit to the key reader somehow as the security light just keeps flashing with the key in and in the ON position, the same key that was working previously. I need to repair this immobilizer system so the car will run and it would be very helpful if I had a diagram to work from. Again Thanks to those who can help.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

landis, thanks so much for you helpful information, I had never heard of Bentley or VAG-COM before. Having said this, my problem still remains the same, I do not have access to these manuals or software and diagnostic equipment. Does anyone know of any online access to this information that I can obtain quickly, I need to fix this problem urgently. Again Thanks.