A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Info Wanted on NJ Dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-1999, 10:54 AM
Chris K

Default Re: Info Wanted on NJ Dealers...

I can tell you which dealer not to go to. If you want a fair deal on your audi and you like to go to the same dealer to service your car, then avoid Princeton Audi. I can't vouch for the other sales people there but avoid Chris Riches. He will try to suck every penny out of you.<p>As far as their service goes, I never even had the opportunity to get my car serviced there. First of all, they are not open on Saturdays (which is just about the only time I have to bring my car in for service). Also you should be aware that they do not provide audi loaner cars. They deal with a rental car company and they usually get you like a nissan sentra or a some kind of mercury (I can't recall the exact name). Hope this helps.<p>Chris K<br>98.5 1.8TQTS Tap Stage II
Old 06-22-1999, 11:18 AM
Alex D

Default I got mine from Sunshine Audi near Atlantic City...

Speak to Rocco DiAntonio. He'll give you $1K over invoice. Good<br>easy going guy. Of course if you live in Central to North Jersey, it'll <br>be a hike to get there. They were about a little less than 2 hours south<br>of me. I do plan on servicing mine in Princeton Audi. Anybody have <br>their A4s serviced there? Email me if if you want more info. <p>Good Luck! <br>-Alex D.
Old 06-22-1999, 11:53 AM
Bonnie

Default Princeton Audi

I don't own an Audi yet, but I live in Princeton and have test driven at Princeton Audi. My boss and co-worker both get their cars serviced there, and have had no problems at all.
Old 06-22-1999, 12:06 PM
Bonnie

Default Chris Riches

Chris K:<p>I dealt with Chris Riches and had a tough time with him. I went last October for a test drive, and he kept on calling me every week to see if I was ready to buy. I constantly told him I was looking around, but still interested. <p>Finally, I called him a few weeks ago and told him I was nearing readiness, and can I come in and drive a 1.8 and 2.8 back to back. He said fine. I came in and he took me for my test drives. He avoided every question I asked, told me he would call me back on Friday (this was on a Wednesday), with lease quotes, financing quotes, and an appraisal of my current car. He never called. I waited a week, called Princeeton Audi. They said he was in and was with a customer, and I left a message in his voice mail. He never called me back. I left another message in his voice mail that day. He still never called me back. I finally called the Sales Manager a week later (I forgot his name), and he never called me back.<p>Luckily, I work with a guy who is best friends with, and business associates with Steve Kalafer, the ex-owner and now Chairman of Flemington Car & Truck Country, who also owns Princeton Audi, and I faxed him a letter explaining all of this, as well as cc'ing a copy to the Sales Manager at Princeton Audi. <p>Chris Riches called me up immediately after that letter, practically crying because his Sales Manager yelled at him for not following up with me. I said I didn't want to deal with him and wanted the Sales Manager to call me, which he did, and he apologized profusely for not getting back to me, but as far as I was concerned, it was too late. The damage was done. It took a letter to the big boss to get his A** in gear. Anyway, I ended up testing the 1.8 and 2.8 at length at Flemington Audi (Steve Kalafer's baby as well), and they were very nice and courteous, without knowing that I had a "connection". I think I might end up buying there and servicing it at Princeton Audi, as it is closer to where I live and work. I hope that Steve can strike up a deal with Princeton Audi to give me loaner cars, seeing he is Chairman of both dealerships.<p>Moral of the story:; don't deal with Chris Riches!
Old 06-22-1999, 01:02 PM
Mike

I got mine from Flemington Audi. The sales and<br>service people were great.
Old 06-22-1999, 01:11 PM
Sands

I just bought a 1.8TQM from Audi of Bernardsville. The staff there was terrific. I know others over the last few years that have purchased there and all highly recommended the dealership. While they will deal, that wasn't my main concern, so long as I got a fair price, which I did.
Old 06-22-1999, 05:18 PM
Tim C.

I've Had Mixed Results There - Buying &amp; Service -nt
Old 06-22-1999, 05:30 PM
pips

Default cool place..bought mine there and made lot of visits to the service dept. (repair+service)

NT
Old 06-22-1999, 05:52 PM
Alex D

Default Thanks!...

I hope they do quality work. I can't believe some of the service depts.<br>at the dealerships nowadays. I'll be sure to bring any TSB information if<br>I need something done just in case...<p>Thanks!<br>-Alex D.
Old 06-22-1999, 06:55 PM
JohnZ

Default Go to almost anyone, except for JACK-OFF DANIELS, they are complete morons, can't stand their a$$es....

but I would recommend Audi of Bernardsville and Bellavia Audi<p>99 1.8TQM, r-28, g-chip, h&r/bilstein & other crap

Quick Reply: Info Wanted on NJ Dealers...