A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Installed my rear sway today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my rear sway today.

The install was pretty easy. Took about two hours for me and my brother, but we took our time and weren't in a hurry. Just wanted to do it right. Everything is covered in the instructions that come with the bar.

I bought the 22mm bar and installed it with the soft setting. Compare to my stock bar, this thing looks huge. It came with all new bolts and bushings. The subframe brace is pretty beefy and I think it will be able to handle the new bar. The bar has a Neuspeed logo on it that makes it look kinda cool if you peek under the car at it.

As far as driving goes, I love it. It is almost like the bar tied up a loose end that was there all along. With my coilovers I sometimes felt the car jerking sideways and it felt funny, but with the new sway it seems to make the car bounce up and down more instead of sideways. It feels much better, than it did. I haven't really taken it for a performance spin, but just driving normal it REALLY sits even through turns with the Ultra Performanc H&R coilovers. I definately notice a difference. Even my girlfriend noticed a difference. I am really glad I got it. I might go ahead and get the front sway and see how that changes anything. I don't have the sport suspension, so it probably wouldn't hurt to beef up the front also.