A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Integrated Alpine CD player w/ Bose System!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Alpine CD player w/ Bose System!

Just wanted to let anyone interested know it worked however it was a little tricky. I would recommend to anyone replacing the head unit to replace the bose system with new speakers. What I really wanted was to play CD's. To replace the speakers for me was a little over budget right now and seeing that I will be replacing the speakers later I didn't want to just add the factory CD changer. The sound after completing this was good, radio reception was a little poorer than the factory bose but the sound quality was better(radio &CD). "don't expect miracles"
I used the the
Scosche VWA2 antenna adapter
Scosche VW01 wiring harness (you will have to cut some of the wires going into the head unit no compatible adapter)
Scosche AU2300 kit
and
Scosche FAI-3
To keep this short the tricky part was I had to use the rca outputs from the radio (two sets), plug rcas wires into them, cut the other ends of these rca's and use them as inputs into the Scosche FAI-3. I couldn't use the hi-output speaker wires as inputs (maybe there is a premium adapter where you could on this one it sounded poor. I just followed instructions for everything else. Again this worked on my car a 1996 A4 I don't know which other vehicles this will apply to.
Hope this is useful to someone? Sorry I don't have a digital camera!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Did you do the dome light mod from the tech section?

How did it come out, I am afraid to do it because I don't want it to look like I have a red light there. Also does it project enough light to illiminate the interior?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default thanks for posting

i was actually gonna write to u to see how it went. so where you able to keep the bose speakers in or did you remove any? hows the bass?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Did you do the dome light mod from the tech section?

Yes, I used the write up in the tech section. It was enough light for me, it shines down over the shifter area, but if you wanted more light you could easily drill two holes into the side map lights and add two other of the same lights there. You can tell you have a red light up there in that the center light, lights up red. I like the red dome light and would do it again.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Integrated Alpine CD player w/ Bose System!

where you able to keep the bose speakers in or did you remove any? hows the bass?
Old 01-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Integrated Alpine CD player w/ Bose System!

I was able to keep the Bose speakers in. The only wiring I did was at the head unit. The Bass is pretty good. The sound with CD is better than either tape or radio ever was before.

Only down fall is one of my door speakers was on its way out and rattled when the bass was up with the factory head unit. Now that I have more bass it rattles more.

I will probably be replacing the two door speakers with new ones. If they are 4 ohms each speaker I will wire them in just as they are wired now. If they are not I will run them off of the hi-power output on the Alpine.

Well new speakers will have to wait. Next thing is tune-up with new plugs Bosch +4 and K&N air filter.