A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Intentional hit and run last night!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intentional hit and run last night!

I was driving home (I'm in Dallas) down a six lane city street yesterday evening around 7:00 when this guy in a old, four-wheel drive pickup starts screwing with me. He wouldn't let me pass and when I finally got around him he came after me almost hitting me and another car. We were even at the next light, the windows go down and I ask him "Why are you trying to hit my car?". He just shrugs his shoulders and laughs so I ask him again "Why are you trying to hit me?". I get the "F you" and a finger to which I replied "No thanks. I'm straight." Here's where it gets good. The two cars in front of me turn right so I pull up to turn also and notice that he is getting into my lane right behind me. I figure he is going to play the "Follow you and ride your *** game" but I was so wrong. As I come to a stop at the corner before making my turn (light is still red) he floors his truck and rams my car! I pull around the corner to get out of the intersection and he takes off straight, gone before I can follow him and get his plate number. Nice. Real nice. None of the witnesses bothered to stop either. I think I saw which neighborhood he came out of so I'll go look for him tonight. End result is a hole/gash in the bumper and a dent in the trunk lid that looks like a golf ball hit it going 700 mph.

What are my chances of finding a certain white pickup truck in Dallas? Yeah, I know. Be careful out there everyone.

Trey
Santorin 1.8TMS APR - sportin' bruises
Old 01-17-2001, 10:58 AM
CP

Find his truck and call the cops.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A similar thing happened to me the other night where this ...

Bast**d pulled out of a row of cars and over a median to get into my lane, where I had to slow pretty quickly. I gave him the beep beep to let him know that he pulled in front of me and the idiot just stopped. Just slammed on the brakes. I saw an opening and zipped around him, I was tempted to swerve in front and do the same thing, but I resisted and went on my way. I have learned that people can be idiots and the police are powerless to do anything about it.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I would've tried to follow him to get the plate #. Sorry dude. So many jerks out there!
Old 01-17-2001, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Intentional hit and run last night!

If you find the truck, take pictures of the front of his truck (in case there is evidence) and immediately call the cops. (I assume you did already.) You could sue the bastard, but chances are he's a druggie deadbeat anyway, so your best chance of getting restitution is to file charges and hopefully the court will order him to pay restitution as party of his sentencing.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

damn....a 700mph golf ball??!!
Old 01-17-2001, 11:35 AM

Default I called the police...

But with no plate number and a pretty general description that couldn't help much.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:37 AM

Default I did...

But I had to make a u-turn and another right turn before I could go after him. Too many trucks here anyway. I ended up following the wrong guy to his house.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:38 AM

That's the plan.
Old 01-17-2001, 12:01 PM

Default Screw the cops...Find that MotherF@#$r and fire bomb his redneck a$$ed truck..

just my 2cents..

Quick Reply: Intentional hit and run last night!