A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Internet classifieds possibly worse than snail newspaper selling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 05:39 AM
S Moyle

Default Internet classifieds possibly worse than snail newspaper selling?

In case anyone thought what a great thing it would be to just list your car for free on some websites and sell it quick and easy, think again. With the internets anonymous nature, prospects can have you jump hoops and then vanish just as easily as in the "real world". And if the three/four of you who requested photos by email are reading this, thanks for no response. I only busted my butt in Xmas traffic in the pouring rain monday for you. Merry Holidays, SM.
Old 12-22-1999, 05:46 AM
Steve S.

Default At least you got four calls!!!

This is a BAD week to try to sell a car. I know. Steve, next week has got to be better. Just think, people are on vacation...they want to get away from the inlaws that are visiting from Cleveland....and they are feeling good caus they got all that Turkey in their stomachs.

My suggestion, don't go out of your way to meet anyone anywhere. Have them come to your joint, and do some kind of project while you are waiting.

I am still waiting for the guy from Walnut Creek that called me last Thursday.

BTW, I think your price is on the mark. Mine? Well, I guess I am being optimistic.

Did you put it in the Autotrader print magazine? I did a "jumbo" ad in there.

Like I said on my email...good luck.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM (for sale)
00 S4 (Houston? On some ship in the Gulf of Mexico? on some transport? I dunno where it is)
Old 12-22-1999, 06:12 AM
S Moyle

Default Re: At least you got four calls!!!

I didnt do the print with Atrader. Where is your counselling I requested on the car choice anyway? SM
Old 12-22-1999, 06:45 AM
brian

Default I sold mine that way

I placed an ad in Boston Globe, this isn't cheap, and on MSN and Yahoo. I sold it to a guy who came from one of the websites. I got several bogus offers, like 50% less than I wanted. The guy that bought it only got me down about $300. Works for me.
Old 12-22-1999, 08:13 AM
Steve S.

Default If you got the $$...go for the MCoupe

I use to have an MGB-GT...it looks like that...but on MAJOR steroids. You are a power monger...you will not be happy with the 2.8 Coupe. Talk to Josh Sirota (Josh S on bimmer.org
MCoupe board)...he has an MCoupe and is into competing. He also works right down the road
from me.

Steve S.
Old 12-22-1999, 09:04 AM
hs

Default Re: At least you got four calls!!!

walnut creek? in the austin area?
Old 12-22-1999, 09:28 AM
Steve S.

Default Nah....in NorCal

I do know the Arboretum area of Austin though...we have an office there.

I will be in Austin, audi-less, next month.

Steve S.
Old 12-22-1999, 11:07 AM
hs

Default Re: Nah....in NorCal

what company? i live about 5 min from there.