A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Is the invoice price deal by Carorder.com over already?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-1999, 12:21 PM
Alan B

Default Is the invoice price deal by Carorder.com over already?

I just checked back on their web site. They have re-designed the web site, and I noticed that there is no mention of selling any car at true invoice price. For the hell of it, I configured an A4 2.8 quattro and their "invoice" price is now about $1300 over the real invoice price. However, when I view the contents of my "virtual garage", my saved A4 comes up at the real invoice prices (actually pre-'99.5 invoice prices). Does anybody know what the real deal is? Have they stopped their promotional deal already? Thanks!
Old 07-16-1999, 12:37 PM
Sean G

The "at invoice" promotion ended a few months ago
Old 07-16-1999, 03:29 PM
TimU

Default The "at invoice" promotion at carsDirect.com ended a few months ago -- CarOrder still appears to have invoice prices

CarOrder lists the MSRP, invoice price (or at least what they believe to be the invoice price), and their price. For the A4, their price equals the invoice price.<p>As the original post said, their invoice prices are slightly off. For instance, it prices the audio package at $1044 invoice, where Edmunds shows it at $1056. So their prices actually appear to be a few dollars under invoice.<p>I noticed that their MSRP price for the sport package was off ($750, instead of $400), not that it matters much.<p>Unfortunately, they (like everyone else) are still waiting for MY2000 prices. I would like to see what an S4 would cost before ordering an A4.
Old 07-16-1999, 03:35 PM
George

Default Re: Is the invoice price deal by Carorder.com over already?

Try Carscost.com, they say they can deliver at invoice..
Old 07-16-1999, 04:36 PM
Alan B

Default Have you checked Carorder.com lately?

Along with a re-design of their web site, their prices no longer correspond to the vehicle invoice prices. For a 2.8 A4, their base price is now about $1300 above invoice. I was just wondering if they have gone the same route as Carsdirect.com (they ended their promotional invoice pricing a couple of months ago).
Old 07-16-1999, 05:15 PM
tksung

Default their configuration is buggy

But their garage price is usually acurate. Send email or call toll free and clarify. Last time I sent email, they called me back in 5 minutes. If the price is pre-99.5 invoice, they'll honor it too. (They did on mine).
Old 07-16-1999, 08:37 PM
Sean G

Whoops! You're right. I was thinking Cars Direct
Old 07-17-1999, 06:38 AM
TimU

Default Yes, I just checked again, but it might be different for you (more)

I just configured a new car from scratch (a loaded A4 2.8Q with most every option but cell phone and sport seats) and still see (near) invoice prices. <p>Their pricing could be based on the zip code that you entered in the first page. Perhaps they are already established in your area, and looking to start making a profit. For Audis (which have no dealer holdback), it is obvious that every sale at invoice is a loss for them, since no dealer would sell them an Audi at invoice.<p>I live in Colorado, and they are just starting to expand here. Perhaps that is why I still see invoice prices.
Old 07-17-1999, 06:40 AM
TimU

Default tksung, could you please tell us how your experience with CarOrder was?

Were you happy with them? Would you do it again? etc...
Old 07-17-1999, 03:40 PM
Sean G

Default Re: Have you checked Carorder.com lately?

I just configured a vehicle on their site and during the configuration process the invoice price that is noted is considerably higher than what I know to be the actual invoice cost. However, when you actually go through the steps to place the order the invoice price not only drops down but it actually changed to about $250 or so below invoice. Each of the options was a few dollars below the invoice found on Edmunds/Kelly Blue Book and the base vehicle invoice was about $200 less. Very interesting...<p>Sean<br>97 1.8Tqm (RIP)<br>99.5 1.8Tqm This week?...<ul><li><a href="http://www.seansa4page.com">Sean's A4 Page</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Is the invoice price deal by Carorder.com over already?