A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ipod

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod

Just for a tip, if anyone out here is still looking for the best ipod integration product, this one is the best for the price. You can control the ipod through the radio and on the ipod it self. It is very convinient and it is really cheap. Go to the link below.<ul><li><a href="http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/PIE_VWR_PC_POD2.html">P.I.E - VWR/ PC-POD2</a></li></ul>
Old 08-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: ipod

What exactly do you need to buy? The keys, the wire, the PIE and the kit? Is it easy to install yourself? Where does the ipod wire come out (the glove compartment?)
Old 08-16-2006, 04:56 AM

You should also check out dice. It's a little more expensive but looks like a little better quality.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm
Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd. The Dice unit is $25.00 more and is much better.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 AM

Default Have you used the DICE connection?

I looked over the installation PDF, and i was wondering if I can still plug my cd changer back into the AUX port on the DICE Module, or somewhere else incase i have a CD i want to listen to, or does the module eliminate the cd changer completely...? ...thanks...
Old 08-16-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Yes, I have the Dice unit. I purchased it about a month ago. You will lose your CD changer

which wasn't an issue for me because I have an in-dash 6-disk changer. I haven't listened to a CD though since the iPod install. =)

I really like the thing. The iPod and smart playlists are genius and the functionality is decent. The biggest advantage of the Dice unit is that you can have as many play lists as you want. All of the competing units seem to limit you to 5.

Here is a couple of links about the Dice unit:

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/52732.phtml">My initial review of the Dice unit&gt;</a>

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/52775.phtml">Comparison between Ice Link and Dice&gt;</a>

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Yes, I have the Dice unit. I purchased it about a month ago. You will lose your CD changer

Did you install it yourself?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 AM

use a those thin metal finger nail grinder that your g/f has to take the head unit out. Just put it through the slits at the bottom of the deck pointing it to the outward direction. That pushes the clips from out position to in position. All you have to do it stick the took all the way in, then the radio will pop right out with no problem. All you have to do is the buy the unit that's on the link I put up. Installation is really easy.
1) just pop out the radio
2)find the colorful plug, pull it out.
3)pull the blue one out buy pusing it away from the wires after pressing the clip that holds in in place
4)put the blue clip that comes with the unit in its place
5)there is a lone wire that clips to the back of the head unit also, it is just one. The clip that it goes on is held by a screw. Unscrew it, but the wire that comes out the the ipod interface on it, then screw the clip back.
6)you can put the wire that goes to your Ipod ANY WHERE you want
7) enjoy, there is no limit to the play lists, the radio will display only up to 6th disk, or playlist, but you can go through all your songs and play lists.

if there's any other questions just ask, I put my ipod in the dip where the e-brake handle is. I ran the wire throught the center then out from the under the center console.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Yes, it took about 20 minutes. I had to remove the glove box on my B7 which now takes me about

3 minutes. It's a very easy and straight forward install.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM

cool man, thanks for the input and links to reviews...

Quick Reply: ipod