A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Join Stasis Engineering at Laguna Seca!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Join Stasis Engineering at Laguna Seca!

September 2, 2001 - Los Gatos, CA

Monterey Sports Car Championships - September 7-9, 2001
Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car Series

Stasis Engineering cordially invites all Audi enthusiasts, club members and owners to visit them at their hospitality area on Friday, September 7th and Saturday, September 8th at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey California.

The team will be having 'meet and greet' sessions for all Audi fans, both Friday and Saturday, at the team's tent in the World Challenge paddock. Everyone is encouraged to stop by to enjoy some refreshments, meet the Stasis Engineering Team members and check out the Audi A4 quattro Touring Car. There will also be a chance to sign up for two prize giveaways.

Stasis Engineering will be giving away a trip for one Audi owner and a guest to a Speedvision World Challenge race event for the 2002 Season. The winner and their guest will be honorary Stasis Engineering Team Members for the weekend and will be awarded airfare, car rental, hotel accommodations at the Stasis Team's hotel and pit entry passes. The drawing will be held at the 2002 Sears Point Speedvision World Challenge race. The winner will choose a trip for the final races of the 2002 season.*

The second prize giveaway at Laguna Seca will be a Pre-Race Parade Lap ride on Saturday morning in the Stasis A4 quattro Touring Car with driver Paul Lambert. Speedvision allows the race teams to take one guest in their racecar for the Pre-Race Ceremonies and Parade Lap. Raffle tickets will be available for the Pre-Race Parade Lap ride on Friday and on Saturday up to 9:00 a.m. The drawing will be held at 9:15 a.m. on Saturday and the winner must be present at the drawing.

"The 2001 Speedvision World Challenge season has been a year of research and development for the Stasis Engineering team." Team Manager, Joe Hebenstreit comments, "We have a great race program and a very talented team of professionals. We're looking forward to an exciting race at Laguna Seca and a very competitive 2002 race season."

The entire Stasis Engineering team is grateful for the enthusiasm and support that their fellow Audi fans have shown. To those who won't be able to attend the races at Laguna Seca, please be sure to stop by to see the team at the Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car races in 2002.

For more information e-mail: info@stasisengineering.com

*2002 Stasis Engineering Race Trip Giveaway: The drawing will be held at the 2002 Sears Point Speedvision World Challenge Race, winner need not be present to win. A non-present winner will be notified by phone. Drawing results will be posted on the Stasis Engineering website's race page (www.stasisengineering.com). Details and sign up forms will soon be available on the Stasis Engineering website for those unable to attend the Speedvision World Challenge races between now and the Sears Point race in 2002. One entry per Audi owner, please. All winnings are subject to Federal and State income taxes. Winners will be provided with a 1099 tax form by January 31, 2003.

Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car Schedule
Laguna Seca Sept. 7-8, 2001

Friday September 7th

*9:20 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. - Practice Session / Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car

11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Stasis Engineering Meet and Greet Session at the Stasis team's transporter hospitality area in the paddock. All Audi enthusiasts and owners welcome.
Audi owners can sign up for the 2002 Stasis Engineering Race Trip Giveaway and the Raffle for Saturday's Pre-Race Parade Lap ride in the Stasis A4 quattro Touring Car with driver Paul Lambert.

*4:35 p.m. to 4:55 p.m. - Practice Session / Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car

Saturday September 8th

*8:00 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. - Qualifying / Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car

9:15 a.m. - Raffle Drawing at the Stasis team's hospitality area for the
Pre-Race Parade Lap ride in the Stasis A4 quattro Touring Car.

*10:25 a.m. - Pre-Grid / Parade Lap winner must be present**

*10:45 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.- Pre-Race Parade Lap / Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car

*11:05 a.m. to 11:55 a.m.- Race / Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car

*1:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. - Speedvision World Challenge Hot Import Autograph Session
http://www.hotimportnights.com/HIN_dayatthetrack/home.htm

*2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. - After-Race Audi fans gathering at the Stasis Engineering team's hospitality area to visit with the team, enjoy refreshments and sign up for the 2002 Stasis Engineering Race Trip Giveaway.

* All times subject to minor scheduling changes by SCCA.
** Parade Lap winner will be given details following Saturday's 9:15 a.m. raffle drawing.
Old 09-02-2001, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck, guys! Oh, and BTW...

my TDL conversion is done (except for the cams), so let me know if you need a back-up car. I'd be happy to let you borrow mine for a race or two

Seriously, though...good luck. Do us Audi drivers proud!
Old 09-02-2001, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Good luck, guys! Oh, and BTW...

Thats funny, but it does seem like they can use all the help they can get. Hows the conversion going for you? Happy?
Old 09-02-2001, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's amazing. Had a chance to really run it today, and the engine was barely working @ 110MPH...

I still can't get over how strong the car feels.

I had a car enthusiast friend (a total car nut...among his current/former cars are a Hudson, a Bugeye Sprite, numerous BMWs, Mercedes, etc.) drive it today, and he was amazed.

One of his cars is a 30v A4 Avant, and he said that there was NO comparison. He couldn't believe by how strong my car pulled through each gear and at how long each gear seemed to last (things I have noticed, too). Especially 3rd gear. It seems to have absolutely no end.

And he was entoxicated by the sound. He asked me if it would be OK for him to start it up a couple of times so he could hear that initial growl when the car jumps to life. I obliged, of course

Oh, and BTW...check your e-mail. I just sent you a message.