A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

just got a new throttle body on my 1.8t

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-1999, 12:59 AM
Patrick

Default just got a new throttle body on my 1.8t

I have been hearing a chirping noise from my car for the last few months. Dealer could not really find the problem. Just today they replaced my throttle body and still the sound is there. I may end up getting a whole new engine if they go on this way. Just recently Andy H. got the same problem and fixed it with a replacement of his belt tensioner. I mentioned this to the service guy at my dealer and said that it couldn't be it even after I mentioned that a few other people have had this problem and fixed it this way.<p>Oh well, atleast I get a whole new throttle body for all my trouble.<p>Actually, I felt a big difference with throttle response when they changed the TB. Now the gas pedal feels firmer and more responsive. I still have to call back the dealer and schedule another appointment. I really have to convince them atleast to give the tensioner a try. i believe it is cheaper then a whole throttle body.<p>Patrick Chan<br>97 1.8tqm<br>Wett, Ramair, H&R, Ronals, Valeo headlamps, etc...
Old 05-22-1999, 03:26 PM
k

i had a strange whistling noise and they cahngeed my tensioner now it works fine..
Old 05-22-1999, 07:11 PM
PJ

Default I've had the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they wanted to replace my turbo. Mentioned belt tensioner and they thought I was crazy

'