A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Just had my car back from a variable service at my local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had my car back from a variable service at my local dealer

Hi Guys,

I have read a lot of posts re; the poor level of service/work carried out during a service.

Just had mine back so thought id share the experience!

Service dept contacted me day previous to service to let me know what time they would be collecting the car from me.

Day of service:

Driver turned up exactly on time to collect car. Car taken off for service. Had requested that in addition to the service they look at the boot struts as they needed replacing, slight creaking drivers seat and poorly retracting drivers seatbelt.

around lunchtime the mechanic himself called me to say he was working on the car but couldnt find a fault with the seat or seatbelt so had called me to see if i could give him anymore additional info. Talked through with him what i was getting at he said he would call back in about 15min. 15 mins later he called back to say he couldnt find anything and that he had got one of his colleagues to investigate to doublecheck. I was being a bit picky about the seat/seatbelt so left it at that. Boot struts were faulty and would be replaced under warranty.

mid afternoon service dept called to say all work was done and that they had adjusted rear wheel bearings free of charge. Paid for work, car was delivered back 30 mins later washed , waxed and valeted.

Checked the car over, no spilt oil around neck of oil filler hole or over the casing - no oil spillage on undertray - all clips on casings inplace and locked. I know these are basic things but one service from another dealer there was oil spillage everywhere, and one cover had been completely left off!!
All levels topped up and basic things such as greasing locks/door hinges all done. Remaining screenwash/greasing spray bottles left in car.

Following day service dept called to check i was happy with work carried out/service received. Also informed me boot struts on order and they would contact me to have car back in to replace them under warranty.

A very professional service!