A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

just swapped a 97 12v into a 96 body now no spark or injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just swapped a 97 12v into a 96 body now no spark or injector pulse

Like the title says. Tired both ecu's and stuff. Checked some grounds, I have the dash out of the car with only the cluster and ignition plugged in. Is there anything there that could be my problem?!?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Sounds like there are tons of things that could be your problem. Pull codes, post codes.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Can't pull codes since the car won't start my scanner won't connect
Old 04-28-2010, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Instrument cluster is in and still no good and still won't pull codes. And I have both ecm's and tried both. Plus tried both wiring harness's. Check grounds more than once can't find any missing. Definitely an electrical problem either sensor or something else I guess?? What can I test to find where I'm lossing my spark or what could I do to get the codes. Should I look for someone with vag-com? I really would love to try out my rwd conversion please help me out and I have a TON money into this and its just collecting dust in my garage. Thanks, ryan
Old 04-28-2010, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I did a timing belt while I had the engine out but with the cam lock tool and the crank lock tool its about impossible that its outta time and I turns over fine and sounds perfect just noooo spark!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The scan tool I use is the. Scan gauge 2. And I used the scan tool for about a year now and always worked perfectly
Old 05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

im thinking the problem is at the relay's or before that i just relized yesterday my fuel pump isnt kicking on either.... soo no fuel or spark.... im lost with this has to be a wiring issue or ground issue?! ive been looking on vagtoolfinder but havent found anyone to come scan my car yet so far i chacked voltage to my sensors and havent found anything wrong i traced the problem to the relays but i have no relay diagram so i dont know which is which (my haynes manual sucks) no relay information. so what could a wiring issue be inside the car if its not a relay?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedslidewayz
im thinking the problem is at the relay's or before that i just relized yesterday my fuel pump isnt kicking on either.... soo no fuel or spark.... im lost with this has to be a wiring issue or ground issue?! ive been looking on vagtoolfinder but havent found anyone to come scan my car yet so far i chacked voltage to my sensors and havent found anything wrong i traced the problem to the relays but i have no relay diagram so i dont know which is which (my haynes manual sucks) no relay information. so what could a wiring issue be inside the car if its not a relay?
I believe you need a valid crankshaft position sensor pulse to trigger the fuel pump.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My crankshaft position sensor is working I have two working sensors I tired both
Old 05-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's your ecu. you should be able to read if there's batt power. No pulse means no signal fromm ecu. When you turn key on pos. dose check engine come on?

Quick Reply: just swapped a 97 12v into a 96 body now no spark or injector pulse