A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Ko4 problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:59 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like you might be running rich.

Any other signs of running too rich (smell of unburned fuel, black carbon deposits around the tailpipe/bumper, black puff of smoke behind you when you punch it, poor fuel economy.

Can you swap in a few coolant temp sensor...just for the sake of ruling out another potential headache?

Also (forgive me), which FPR was the K04 program intended to be used with?

Check the MAF wiring harness as well. While the car is idling, jiggle the harness around and see if there is an intermittent connection causing an issue. These wires are rather fragile, so this wouldn't surprise me.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i have a gauge, we are going to test it, but i have been getting the same boost # since the install
Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With 310cc injectors the FPR shouldn't be 5 bar(more)

but I think maybe you made a mistake when you wrote that, as the standard k04 file uses the 5bar. I would imagine Momentum knew what they were doing as it ran fine for 3 months.

The PC16 file tends to run really rich down low and then pretty lean up top. I woulnd't be surprised if it has fouled your 02 sensors since installation.

When I had a bad 02 sensor I encountered some hesitation as well. I think it's worth a shot.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

the 310 injectors are not installed i have them but waiting till i figure out the problem
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default it feels more like a fuel cut when it happens the a rich condition

the FPR is set to 5 bars or just a tad under that, i think the guys said 4.5 bars they tested it and got it running good..
Old 09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

both o2 sensors are brand new as well
Old 09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default "it feels more like a..." <---what does that mean??

You said this in your initial post. I read it, and dismissed it because there was no evidence attached to it. Is this more than a gut feeling? Did you log anything to confirm what you believe? If so, how do you explain the flames coming out of the tailpipes?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default it feels more like a fuel cut because it it rather similar to the fule cut my friends wrx ...

it feels more like a fuel cut because it it rather similar to the fule cut my friends wrx when he over boosts, its the same engine response.. i really dont know what it is, and it could be anything thats why i posted here to get some feed back..
Old 09-22-2006, 09:45 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Here's my feedback then...

Take a systematic approach to figuring out what's going on.

First find out exactly what the symptoms are. Log the car to see what cylinders are misfiring, and how many misfires you're getting. Log the primary O2 to see if you're running lean, and under what conditions (load and rpm).

Once you nail down the symptoms, THEN you can speculate about the possible causes and backtrack.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default i agree with you....but

i dont get any cels or check engine light so i dont know or cant figure out which cylenders are misfiring,it had a cylender misfire in cylender 1, i switched the coil pack, still had the problem i changed the coil pack.. still have the problem but i only got the check engine light once.. i have done a log b4 but the problem is highly intermitant and i never know when it is going to happen so.. everytime i try to log it it runs fine..

Quick Reply: Ko4 problems...