A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

License Plate Frames (Don't hate me Jason!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-1999, 04:54 PM
Stu Koch

Default License Plate Frames (Don't hate me Jason!)

First of all, I don't need anybody to jump on me about not supporting this site. I make it a point to find visit every site I can (mainly Clair & Amazon) by clicking the banners on this site.<p>I have searched and searched for a good looking license plate frame that simply has "Audi" on it, or maybe just the 4 rings. I saw the picture of the Saab frames below and I thought they looked really good!<p>Anybody know of a shop that sells frames like this, either chrome, silver, or similar?<p>Thanks!<p>Stu Koch<br>99 2.8 qts
Old 04-05-1999, 06:06 PM
GlennB

Default How about Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories.

I used to get their catalog, but haven't seen one for a while. Lots of Benz, BMW, and SUV do-dads. Don't recall if they have much Audi stuff.<p><br>Regards<br>-Glenn<p>'99 1.8qms Melange
Old 04-05-1999, 06:10 PM
GusS

Default Same request here...

I find that driving around with an A4.org frame is a bit geeky (I'm insecure about letting others know that I'm a geek ). It looks good, if only it just had the rings, A4 in the A4 font, and just a4.org.
Old 04-05-1999, 06:19 PM
ToNyG3

Default Got my chrome...(more)

rear license plat holder from my local PEP boys. They really look good onmy 2.8 Q I think it matches very good on the chrome window trim I got it if I remember for $15.00 a year and half ago. <p>ToNy G<br>fort lee NJ
Old 04-05-1999, 07:11 PM
grade six teacher

Default You need grammar and spelling instruction young man....

The post should read:<br>rear license PLATE holder from PEP Boys. IT looks really good on my 2.8Q. I think it matches very WELL WITH the chrome window trim. I got it, if I remember CORRECTLY, for $15.00 a year and a half ago.<p>A mind is a terrible thing to waste.<br>;-)
Old 04-05-1999, 08:24 PM
'Lo

Default Re: License Plate Frames (Don't hate me Jason!)

Hey Stu,<br>Try Griot's Garage(mail order company 800 345 5789 ), I bought a chrome frame from them with "Audi" on it (the same font as the company's)...you get a choice of filling the lettering in with either black, red, or white resin...I got the black lettering, but now I wish I got it in red just like the real logo...anyways, this is THE highest quality chrome frame I have ever seen.. I think they run about $45 still, but its well worth the price. hope this helps.<p>'Lo<br>'98 Aluminum Silver 2.8QTip with matching license plate frame ;^)
Old 04-05-1999, 10:19 PM
UW

Default Re: You need grammar and spelling instruction young man....

q<br>If a mind is a terrible thing to waste, then what do you say about a person who feels the need to correct others?<p>a<br>A person who is incapable of giving a meaningful reply.<p>Yawetag
Old 04-06-1999, 09:12 AM
marc

Default I think they were ordered to stop...

I was in there a few years ago and they slapped on the wrist for selling licensed logos without permission. Law-suits were flying in and I think they were forced to stop with the logo license plates, car covers, key-chains, etc. without obtaining permissions from the manufacturers (which are very expensive!)<br>
Old 04-06-1999, 01:24 PM
KLHI

Default Give him a break. This is NOT a forum of English professors. (more)

I would hope that I could post something here without being bomarded for a few mistakes because of a quick typing job. Regarding the last mistake (and I agree, there are mistakes), how do you he (or she) is a native speaker of English. Not everyone here is American.
Old 04-06-1999, 02:58 PM
grade six teacher

Default how do you KNOW he (or she) is a native speaker of English.

/