A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Long awaited PES review !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to clarify something .....

I was going to pay for Jeremey's trip here to fix my car ....the deal was I would pay him for the work he did on my car and the ticket.
They were nice enough to not even charge me for the work .... I even offered and Tony said its ok .... just wanted to get my car right for me.

They are really good guys and the problems Charlie has been having with his car are similar to mine and I am sure jeremey will fix it ... Charlie just has to give PES a chance. They are more than willign to help him out.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:13 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I don't.

I'm free, for the right woman that is...
Old 03-07-2002, 08:24 AM

u didn't charge me hunny :-)
Old 03-07-2002, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's a fantastic example of PES service, im damned impressed...now i need an extra 4k
Old 03-07-2002, 08:33 AM
Elder Member

You just validated his point.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:49 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

rofl.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Good customer service (just hypothesizing)

Now I'm not one to stir up ****, but...

You don't suppose that this extreme act of customer service had anything to do with a VERY high stakes(and profile) drag race?? It seems that you had probs for a while before this path was taken.(Charlie has had more problems for longer, and I have not heard of this being offered to him.) It appears(to my outsiders eyes) that they became very helpful only after it was publicized that you had a race versus an APR S3. The outcome of this can greatly impact sales of each company's kit and therefore they have a vested interest in making your car perfect.

Now my question is, now that you have an PES "tuned" car - are you going to allow gjaime to have APR work on his car? It seems that you now have a "hot" chip and he should be afforded the same benefit. You also have been tuned by the PES's hotshot mechanic, so it would appear that APR deserves the same.

(I'm just asking because I have not seen any updates on the race or the "rules" of said race.)

BTW - I'm glad that you got it sorted out. Ya'll are making it very hard to not make the trip on Sunday from Atlanta.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:22 PM

Default answers .....

As far as Charlies car is concerned ... PES has been willing to help form day 1 to my knowledge.
As far as the race is conerned .. that had nothign to do with it.
And as far as having a hot chip .. not at all .. I have a chip that is actually running less than the kit has the potential to run. Jaime knows this .. I have nto been tuned any more than any of the other guys with a PES kit.
my car is the SAME as theirs. I am running no more boost than Jaime is running in his car.
there was no special treatment because of the race .... I just wanted my car fixed.
they r just nice guys dude ..w hy can't people see that rather than instigate stuff ?

answers your questions ?
Old 03-07-2002, 01:55 PM

Default Like I said, not trying to stir things up. And yes, that answers my questions.

I just remember back when APR's kit came out that EVERYTHING that they did to individually address someone's problems were greeted with accusations of a shoddy kit.

I like both companies and have no interest in either one. I think that they both are very innovative and put out great products. The only knock on PES is that some of their greatest proponents don't represent them very well.(and I'm not talking about you, Shorki) You see a lot of anti-APR posts and attacks, but very few about PES. This is not to say the opportunity is not there, it just isn't taken. I just wish that we could get more unbiased info without the bashing. (granted, it does seem to be getting better lately)
Old 03-07-2002, 02:07 PM

Default Not to put words in Charlie's mouth . .and perhaps he'll see this thread and respond directly .. but

other than Mike (who has tried to help him several times and KNOWS how the kit should be installed .. e.g., hoses etc.) no one has responded like the response you got. PES has not responded like they have to you.
Like I said in another post in this thread .. I would donate to a fund (in a heart beat) to get Jeremy out to Ca to get Charlie running too.

Quick Reply: Long awaited PES review !!!!