A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Long awaited PES review !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As with most stories,we never know all of it untill the end. I have heard of one such case that had

PES fly out and correct the problems of a SC owner. Problems was due to the install. It's almost always traced to the install. I would also drop some cash to help Charlie out. I know how it must feel to save up for your "dream kit" and never have the "dream" pan out.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:46 PM

Default My sentiments exactly. I think it is the install in Charlie's case too. But unlike Shorki's

situation I think it is a bad ECU solder job. Seems like someone could get him an ECU STAT so that could be either confirmed or eliminated from the equation. Mike has volunteered his ECU as a test but I don't know the timeline on its being available. I'd think if PES could fly Jeremy down to fix up Shorki's bad install they could get Garrett to loan an ECU w/chip to Charlie.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:01 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Shame this wasn't at the top of the thread.

The opportunities to make any APR bashing session look like a tea party is there; most are grown up enough not to take it to that level. I hope that fact is realized. If not, I am sure that the can-o-worms won't stay sealed. There is no bones about it, shorki got special treatment, otherwise it can be inferred PES will fly out for every kit issue, and Charlie is owed a flight out to help him. If not, then again, it was a special case. Shorki is vocal, and he got help. He was party to a very public race, and if he didn't show, it would be a hot topic. Plain as day. There is also NO fault in that in any way, it's a matter of business. I like Shorki, and am very happy that he's running well, but lets not dilute the facts.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:28 PM

Default i would be more than willing to pay to fly jeremey out to look at Charlies car as well .......

but Charlie has to talk to PES first.

No special treatment here .... just had to get thigns right.

no fighting ... all is well.
you points are all valid.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:07 PM

Cool ... Now all we have to do is do it
Old 03-07-2002, 07:04 PM

nope ... all we have to do is wait for Charlie
Old 03-07-2002, 08:59 PM

Working on it
Old 03-08-2002, 05:02 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Why is it taking stage 3 guys to help out a PES kit owner?

I know the stage 3 guys are nice folk, and man, I hope they don't expect the favor in return. cmh seems to be playing the same old politics.

For shame. I for one feel and know that the helping hand and supporting words won't ever be reciprocated, at least by the majority of the PES owners (Shorki and Charlie excepted)...

Count me in for a "Get Charlie squared away" fund...
Old 03-08-2002, 05:20 AM
Elder Member

Default Why not? Why segregate yourselves and miss out? SIII and T28 owners have more incommon with each....

...other then they do with other 1.8's. Yah,yah,yah,I know about all the past stuff from a FEW owners.Rise above it,don't wallow in it.Which kit is better? I'll tell you which,the one you have.Get to the core of why we are all here......Audi owner/enthusiasts helping EACH OTHER, hopefully.

Not directed at Ed,he knows I don't like him. ;-)
Old 03-08-2002, 05:44 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Jerk.

:P I was being rhetorical. I KNOW they've risen above it, and was perhaps in a bad way, pointing that out, and HOPING that the other "camp" could learn from it, and step up to bat in more ways than one.

Quick Reply: Long awaited PES review !!!!