A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

(Long) My experience with the Service Department of Charles Maund Imports in Austin Texas.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2000, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found Gordon to be honest and <more>

quite grankly the best sales experience I've had with a new car. Granted, this is my first near luxury car and I am used to buying Honda's and Fords. Bad sales experiences at both of those places.

It sounds like you just got a bad experience. My advice would be one of two things for those who haven't had to get service yet.

1) When you take it in, make sure they understand that if they find *ANYthing* else wrong, they are not to touch it without your getting a second opinion. Too many places just DO the extra work since it is under warranty.

2) Go to www.warrantydirect.com and buy an extended warranty for your A4. Then you can go to ANY authorized Audi service place and have the work performed and Warranty Direct will pay them with a credit card over the phone. Doesn't fix the free service for 50k miles, but it is an alternative to driving to San Antonio.

Just my $.02. Good luck in your endeavor and keep us posted. I have to take my car there in about 2 months for service.
Old 04-02-2000, 07:04 PM

Default Charles Maund horror stories sicken me... (long)

... since that is where I bought my car and thus far have taken it for servicing. I had an "underwhelming" experience with Maund Imports' service department myself (see link provided in this post).

The last time I had my car worked on the shuttle van driver (I believe that Maund only provides loaner cars if your bringing a car in for regular scheduled maintenance or an overnight job) mentioned that a new VW dealership is being built north of Austin in the Round Rock area. Perhaps they will also carry Audis or will have an Audi certified service program.

I am truly sorry for your experiences at Charles Maund Imports.

In regards to other posts below on this topic:

I've had really good luck with Charles Maund Toyota service (my other vehicle is an 89 Toyota pickup and my wife recently sold her 96 Camry).

While Gordon Spence does not come across as the warmest individual, he did shoot straight with me in my dealings with him and he did strike me as an Audi enthusiast and knowledeable about the brand.

All the best,
...Guth<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/a4/222650.phtml">my service experience</a></li></ul>
Old 04-04-2000, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Obviously water was pumped through the lubrication system...dump the car!

Thanks for all the follow up. So far, 500 miles and things SEEM OK. I don't know if there is any direct connection but my oil temp is running about two notches higher than it ever did before. Since this was the first oil change and I went to a syn-oil I would not have suspected this. Probably just paranoia on my part. I have, once upon a time, raced and built engines and I agree with your analysis that some damage has been done but to what extent? I don't know if they actually put the car on the street (under load) in this condition or not.

I will be investing in oil analysis for a couple of rounds and will update the forum if anything significant shows up or if I can convince AUDI to do the "right thing".

Thanks again.....