A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

MAJOR A4 OIL SLUDGE PROBLEMS NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wonder how many people on this forum......

I wonder how many people on this forum would be able to get this reimbersement if God forbid it happened to them. Most if not all of us here know what we are doing and keep all thier records. But i dotn think it matters. I mean I have since day one, but my day one isnt the cars day one. I know they will give me hell, and i will do my best to give it back. Bottom line is if one little thing is off then they are going to exploit it to not pay. Expensive Lesson learned.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I may have something going for me....

I just love to break *****!!! Ive been calling them every week sometimes twice a week just to check up getting the same wait 6-8 weeks answer. So they know im going to be a thorn in thier side, cause I have been so far. I even get the attitude voice now when i call because when they pull up my file they see I call all the damn time...Oh man im really going to tear into one of them tommorrow!!! And im gonna do it for you...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default From a legal standpoint (and I'm no lawyer), they probably can not require

that you pay a licensed shop to perform the procedure as simple as an oil change. But they can request documentation that indicates mileage, date, VIN or plate number (to identify the work was performed on your car if you paid somebody to do the job), receipt for oil (type and quantity) used, and receipt for an OEM oil filter. Without any one of those pieces of evidence, for *each and every* oil change performed, they could probably dismiss your claim.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: From a legal standpoint (and I'm no lawyer), they probably can not require

yeah i guess they could do that but even when u go to a garage, I think most garages only write you the invoice for the oil change, they dont give you the recipt for the oil and the filter.
But I have ALL my receipts which are dated. SOme with odometre on it and some without.
I think most people can fill in the blanks (like an arbitrator) to figure out that I stayed with the maintenance schedule
Old 10-06-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: I wonder how many people on this forum......

yeah that is true. It's only to their advantage to say no and make it as hard as possible. But when u counter it and sue them for car rental, lawyer fees, and time wasted, making it way more than the price of the warranty, they might back off.
I heard that Audi and Volvo are the worst companies for warranty
Old 10-07-2004, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Its all a stall tactic so they can keep the money in thier pockets longer....
Old 10-07-2004, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default keep me informed as well please... I had sludge problems that the dealership ignored...

a week later my engine needed to be replaced $5k for everything. I have made calls to Audi regarding the issue and been told "ummm... I dont know.. I'll have someone call you back because Im not sure" and, of course, nobody calls back. VERY irritating.

Keep pressing man, good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 PM

Default Re: keep me informed as well please... I had sludge problems that the dealership ignored...

Well, I handed in the rest of my papers today including a copy of my mechanic's certificate, ALL his employment records and letters of reference, and a current reference from a garage that he is affiliated to. There was no reason why I should have to do this considering the fact that I already gave them ALL my receipts for my oil changes from 1998 to 2004.
The guy at the dealership says he'll give it to the service manager to give to the AUdi rep of my area which sounds like BS. Esp since I asked for the rep's number so I can talk in person and they said they couldnt give out his number... WHy THE HELL not???
Anyway, I'm sure if I could speak with him, I could work things out without going to court or arbitration but if this doesnt work out, We're definately going to court.