A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Matt/Jason : Can you guys confirm/deny the reports that S4's are being delayed at the ports?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-1999, 10:28 AM
Craig A. Liess

Default Matt/Jason : Can you guys confirm/deny the reports that S4's are being delayed at the ports?

I really hope these reports are false, but they seem to be coming in from all over :| It's hard for those of us who have cars built and will just be sitting at a port for a month!!
Old 08-06-1999, 10:38 AM
JJ

Default This is unacceptable

I think if Audi does this some people (including myself) will bail on the order. My car will be one of the ones stuck at the port. I am currently looking into other options.

You have totured us enough Audi, get on with it! At least tell us the price!!

JJ
Old 08-06-1999, 10:42 AM
Craig A. Liess

Default Re: This is unacceptable

JJ -

I agree! If it's true I'll be pretty PO'd. Like you, my S4 will be stuck at the port as well.

Sadly, I can't see myself jumping ship on the order. Let's just hope good things DO come to those who wait.

Craig
'96 12v 2.8
'00 S4 (Stuck at the damn port?)
Old 08-06-1999, 11:11 AM
del

Default My S4 is in transit, I will not be pleased if it is stuck at port.

I don't feel like waiting till October for a car what will be sitting on the dock for over a month.

What are the alternatives? Well those new 3 series coupes are looking nice.
Old 08-06-1999, 11:22 AM
Matt Daniels

Default I can try and find out, but I'm sure I'll just run into the same rumor.

If I do find anything out I'll post it here. But I can't guarantee that the information will be accurate. I'll do my best though....

Matt
Old 08-06-1999, 11:59 AM
Corey S

Default I don't understand....

....what Audi could possibly gain by holding the first batch of S4's at the port for an extended
period of time. That is completely rediculous. That could seriously risk losing orders.

Of course, I won't be cancelling mine, but it would be quite disappointing to wait another month.

Corey S
Wett 97 1.8tqm
'00 S4 (built, but now where will it sit??)
99 Ninja ZX-9R
Old 08-06-1999, 01:01 PM
mpm

Default Hmmm holding cars, holding pricing, C&D comparison, raising prices????

nt
Old 08-06-1999, 02:55 PM
mpd333

Default Look at the Audi TT

The Audi TT was held in the ports for 3 to 4 weeks. Cars were finally released around May 1st so that dealers would have them for the advertising campaign that started May 15th. It would not suprise me if it were true with the S4. Think positive - the car is built and here in the US. So you might wait a few more weeks - once you get it, you will get over it. Though the frustration of waiting....
Old 08-06-1999, 03:53 PM
Scott W

Default I've been waiting since Nov. 6/98...not about to jump ship now. (No comparable car anyhow!)

(nt)
Old 08-06-1999, 07:53 PM
JJ

Default Re: My S4 is in transit, I will not be pleased if it is stuck at port.

I'm looking into a 28Ci or an M Roadster. Getting sick of this wainting game. Not ven a price yet? Come on Audi. Worse yet, My dealer has no clue on what will happen and they are receiving more than 6 on the first batch. I had to switch mine from a Santorin Blue to one of the "common" silver ones coming over first thinking I would get it sooner, now I don't even know and I don't tink it will matter!!

This is extremely frustrating

JJ

Quick Reply: Matt/Jason : Can you guys confirm/deny the reports that S4's are being delayed at the ports?