A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

McKenna Audi SUCKS!!! *RANT* (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McKenna Audi SUCKS!!! *RANT* (long)

Should it take the dealership 4 days to trouble-shoot a cooling problem???

I posted info on my cooling problem the other day, and in less than an hour AW people helped me narrow down the problem to one of two things.

On monday morning McKenna says "sure thing! we can look at it today and tell you what the problem is"

Monday afternoon: "we are short a few techs today, they haven't gotten to it yet, I'll call you FIRST THING in the morning!"

Tuesday morning: "They're still looking at it, I'll call you at noon!"

Tuesday 3pm I call them and: "They're still looking at it, mind if we keep it over night?"

Wednesday morning, no call, I call them, and: "Well, we have all our techs today, I can garantee you we'll have it figured out by today by 3pm"

Wednesday 4:30 I call them: "They're still looking at it" I ask if he has any info on what they've rulled OUT. "No, I have no information at this time. I'll call you first thing tomorrow"

(at this point I don't believe that they've even started looking at it)

Today, 10:30 am, I ask for manager and tell him I'm pissed. He's apparently going to help me out once he gathers all my info.

I've had SO many problems with McKenna, and I usually go to VW Specialties in Huntington Beach, but I went back to McKenna b/c I get warranty work done there since its an Audi dealership. My warranty RAN OUT on the 21st. On the 16th I had them look at EVERYTHING on my car to make sure it is running PERFECTLY before my warranty ran out, and I mentioned that my coolant level was low. They say "everything's fine!" On the 22nd (day after warranty runs out), my car starts overheating like crazy, so...*sigh*...I went back to McKenna simply b/c they had messed up checking my car out and I hope to get the work done either for free or at a LARGE discount.

The catch is (as if this post isn't long enough already) that I am leaving on a road trip tomorrow!!! I told them repeatedly that I needed the car back as soon as possible because of this. So, McKenna has SCREWED me into having to get the work done there by keeping my car all week! If they told me on Monday "here's the problem, its not covered by warranty, it will cost $500 to fix", I would have said "no, thanks, I'm going to VW specialties". But now there's no way I can get it done anywhere else because there's not enough time.

To be fair, McKenna has hooked me up a few times to cover for crappy work they have done on my car in the past. They replaced a bad throttle body for me for practically nothing last month. All this is extremely nice, but it doesn't cover up the fact that they do horrible work!!! They charge $120 per hour in labor for 3rd rate quality work, and to top it off, they take forever to get anything done.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 AM

$120 per hour for labor??!? WTF?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Believe it

t-stat change - 4 hours (2.8 V6)
labor - $120/hour
parts - $50
total cost - $520

Getting raped by your local Audi dealership again when Ron Wood of VW Specialties can do 10 times better of a job for a fraction of the cost- PRICELESS
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've had nothing but problems w/ them too. Unfortunately bought my car there too.