A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH... Service Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-1999, 03:02 PM
Doug H

Default Re: A4 2000 w/ Recaro Seats (jpeg)

Those Recaros don't look as aggressive as some I've seen. Much less high lower seat bolsters than the Recaros in my '92 Ur-S4. Still better than the Sport seats in my '99 A4 however.<p>Nice color that blue!
Old 07-29-1999, 07:24 AM
Marcus

Default Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH... Service Anyone?

Can anyone relay their expereinces with the M.A.G. service dept? I am considering an A4 and am a current Audi owner. The car I own was originally pruchased there and I have continued to have it serviced there (nowhere else to go). I guess I'd like to know if new Audi owners recieve better treatment than us sub-human, previously-owned model owners do. I searched archives with no luck.
Thanks
Old 07-29-1999, 07:38 AM
Greg W

Default Re: Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH... Service Anyone?

I've had mixed results with M.A.G. I think the service department suffers from being the same as the VW service department. Compared to Lexus or Mercedes service dept's (or even the M.A.G. BMW dep't, I'd be willing to bet) it just doesn't compare. I really wish there was an Audi-only dealer in Columbus.
Anyway, the service is adequate, but not outstanding. Don't expect any different treatment as a new Audi owner than you did before, except of course you won't need to pay for most service. They usually have loaners available (new Jettas), although the word is that those will be cut out soon.
The things I dont like about M.A.G. service are:

1) they are always rushed, which leads to
2)you get very little feedback about what exactly was done to your car while it was serviced
3) more than once they've assured me something was fixed, when in fact it wasn't

I go to M.A.G. because I live not far from it (off Bethel Road). You're only other option for dealer service in Columbus is Byers, which is over on the East side. I've heard better things about them, but I've never been there. After my car is out of warranty, I'll take it to MotorKars for service.

Greg
98 1.8TQMS
Old 07-29-1999, 07:46 AM
Greg W

Default One other thing on the M.A.G. topic.....

Be careful buying your car there. I don't know if it's because people in Dublin have money to burn or what, but when I was looking for my A4 (and later a Beetle), I found them arrogant in that, not only were they unwilling to deal, they didn't care that I had better offers from competing dealers for the same car. I guess if people will pay it, that's what they'll charge, but I got a much better deal on my car at a dealer in Cleveland than M.A.G. was willing to offer.
In fact, after I confirmed the numbers with the Cleveland dealer, I called the saleman I was dealing with at M.A.G. to see if he could match or beat the offer (This was on a lease, and the Cleveland deal was over $100/month cheaper, same terms, same car). The salesman not only wouldn't meet the offer, he laughed at me for suggesting what he considered an "impossible" figure. Whatever.

So, watch your wallet.

Greg W
98 1.8TQMS
Old 07-29-1999, 07:53 AM
Marcus

Default Where is "Motorkars?" I take it they're not a dealer?

nt
Old 07-29-1999, 07:56 AM
Dizzy

Default Agree with you, Marcus

I would like to say the same thing about M.A.G. as well. I used to live in Columbus to attend school at OSU. M.A.G. do an OK job, can't complain. But they are always busy, and you can hardly make an appointment at the time you really preferred with them (usually I have to schedule 2 weeks ahead).
And one thing I really don't like about them -- we bought our A4 at Northland Audi in Tri County/Cincinnati. Everytime after they serviced my car, they would changed the licence plate frame and put on the M.A.G. frame on it and leave the Northland frame in the trunk. I will just put it back on by myself since I found the M.A.G. font too "seventies" to me. Also, I personally feel Northland did a better job than M.A.G. My girlfriend's family live in Cincinnati, so the travel is not a concern for us.
Anybody has any experience with Byers? I will go back to OSU for my master, and I would like to know if there's any dealer better than M.A.G.
Old 07-29-1999, 08:00 AM
Greg W

Default MotorKars

MotorKars is on King off of Olentangy River Road (towards Grandview). They are an independent VW/Audi service shop. Most of the Audi's they service are older models (I don't think there are many A4s around here out of warranty yet), but they've got at least one full time Audi mechanic working there (as opposed to the VW mechanics).
I had my car there once (long story), and I found them to provide a MUCH higher level of service than M.A.G. I only wish their work was covered by the Audi warranty....

Greg
98 1.8TQMS
Old 07-29-1999, 08:03 AM
Shawn

Default How has Northland been? Byers Imports?

nt
Old 07-29-1999, 08:40 AM
GlennB

Default Bought my A4 at Byers. Purchase experience was positive....

Sales guy was Matt Kneeland. 5% over invoice. They found a car at another dealer and delivered it to me 150 miles away. Haven't had service there due to the distance.

99 1.8qms AutoThority/ Melange
Old 07-29-1999, 08:44 AM
Greg W

Default Do I sense the beginnings of a Central Ohio A4 group?!

Wow.

I've been around this board a long time (2 years anyway), and I've never seen so many responses to a Columbus-oriented question.
Is there interest in getting a Central Ohio A4 group together? I mean, why should the guys in Cali and Texas have all the fun?

Please let me know what you're thoughts are on this subject. I'd enjoy seeing everyone's cars.

Greg W
98 1.8TQMS

Quick Reply: Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH... Service Anyone?