A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Mondial RoofRack - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-1999, 05:14 AM
JimV

Default Mondial RoofRack - Impressions

I installed a Mondial Roof Rack which I purchased from NASHBAR instead of LLTek because of their lower price and larger size. They misshipped one of the fork mount carriers but Im assured they will reship a new one by tuesday no questions asked.<p>The rack itself is super low profile. No overhangs, no ugly connectors and stuff. Very Very well done. The engineering of this thing is just amazing. The way your attach it to the roof is great. Ratcheted metal things that you push in to the rack making it tight and snug.<p>I have one other small problem. I bought the fairing but I didnt position the front bar close enough so it doesnt hang close enough to the windshield. I will try moving it up, but that would make it four inches closer to the front. We'll see how it works once I get my other fork mount.<p><br>The wind noise is pretty bad and thats why Im stressing the fairing install but the rack itself looks really good and installs in only a few minutes.<p>Will post pictures if I can once its complete.<br>
Old 06-28-1999, 07:42 AM
KLHI

Thanks for the info. Oh, and please do post pictures.
Old 06-28-1999, 03:23 PM
spudman

Default Re: Mondial RoofRack - Impressions

I second all these comments. I've had my Mondial for a year now, and it has performed great. I have black 2.8QMS, and the black rack looks like it's part of the car - a lot of people thought it was. So far no problems, everything has worked great and seems very solid. I've got the installation on the roof down to less than five minutes now - much faster than I originally thought it would be!<p><p>Currently collecting stickers for the fairing!!!<p><p>SPUDMAN