A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My A4 after Bodyshop, ButtonWillow, and Car wash (pic) (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-1999, 11:26 AM
Kev

Default My A4 after Bodyshop, ButtonWillow, and Car wash (pic) (long)

It took me quite a while to get to this point of modfications...here's what I did to my 98 1.8TQM and a few comments on each:<p>Wett chip 1.0bar/Ramair filter: <br>The chip is awesome, but the filter, as many have stated in this forum, is a pain in the butt to clean. I strongly suggested that you should just get a new filter every year and keep your hands away from those sticky stuff. I'm going to get K&N next time and just see if there's a major difference.<p>17' R-28's:<br>They look great on the A4, especially with the silver. The pic is not that clear, but the center caps on the rims are the original caps on my sport package rims. I live in LA so I just drove down to Ronal in Huttington beach, and they just took out the Ronal caps of the R-28's and pop back the stock(4 rings) cap back on in 2 seconds. That I think gives a cleaner look to the car and makes it a little more original. <p>Bilstein sports/H&R race springs, Neuspeed F27mm R19mm sway bars:<br>Aside from a little confusion(please read "defective H&R race springs in other post), they work great, especially if you are on track or autoX. They make the car a lot more predictalbe, which means it is easier to drive. Fingers crossed for the rear subframe, even I have the rear sway bar set in the softer setting. <p>Paint job on the lower black panals:<br>This I think is a good alternative to a full bodykit. The paint job cost my $600, whereas a full body kit can cost up to $2000 with paintjob and installation. Plus, a full body kit hangs lower to the ground which would give some ground clearance problems, especailly with the H&R race springs. Bottomline, I'm very happy with the end results. Oh yea, I also got the eyebrows from LLTek and debaged the A4 and the 1.8TQ from the rear. <p>Next step?<br>Brake lines/rotors/pads-Any suggestions? <br>K-04 or PES supercharger + exhuast:<br>I guess the hp figure of the two are almost the same, but I have a feeling that the supercharger would give the engine an easier time compare to the K-04(correct me if I'm wrong). Well, we still have to wait and see what PES has to offer...meanwhile, I'll just keep saving $$$$...<p>Kev
Old 04-07-1999, 11:27 AM
Kev

Default Another front pic

It kinda looks like an ABT front lip.
Old 04-07-1999, 11:29 AM
Kev

Rear pic
Old 04-07-1999, 12:20 PM
Corey S

I like the matching paint on the lower panels, especially on the lighter colored A4's
Old 04-07-1999, 01:10 PM
ESN

Default Does PES have a 1.8 supercharger at present?

nt.<br>
Old 04-07-1999, 02:12 PM
Kev

No, but they are developing one...check out their website
Old 04-07-1999, 02:58 PM
ChrisW

Hey Kev, you think you could get a closer pic of the side of your car? would like to see rims better
Old 04-07-1999, 03:00 PM
markbradford

Default The lower body paint looks fantastic! Have you had any problems with stone chips down there though?

x
Old 04-07-1999, 03:32 PM
Kev

Default Re: Have you had any problems with stone chips down there though?

Not yet, but certainly it is on my mind. What I'm planning to do is to buy the Prolong Paint sealant and work all the lower panels, and hope that rocks wouldn't knock off the paint. <p>Kev<br>
Old 04-07-1999, 06:05 PM
Kev

Here you go, pic of the wheel

Quick Reply: My A4 after Bodyshop, ButtonWillow, and Car wash (pic) (long)