A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My Dirty Audi A4 2.8 needs a wash Eh??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Yes they are. Do you have them? E codes put way more light on the road, less up in the trees..
Old 12-18-2003, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Wrong..lol, ok, All I said is E-Codes are HOUSINGS pal

so for the $500 you spent on plastic, I wanna know HOW MUCH better your E-Codes are projecting? Do you have any stats, or any figures to back up all your claims? All I hear is "they are better", thats a prettyt bland statement, for $500, HOW MUCH better are they?

Distance-wise of course and projectibility.

I bought clear corners from BOSCH, and they look damn good, I just wanna know the stats, I could spend $500 on something a lot more useful IMO.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

for $500 I would hope they do.. MR. E-Code, your a dork!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default everyone get E-Codes, but fail to buy a MANUAL!!!

man, you bought a tip V6 wagon, yuck! What justification do you have for buying a Tip Wagon, at least get manual..lol
Old 12-18-2003, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default your post is so wrong it's comical

you are literally wrong on almost every point you make.

people with the crap 2 piece reflectors (i used to have them, now i have e-codes) go to e-codes mainly for the lighting benefits of the projector housing. if you are starting with one-piece US housings then you could argue that going to e-codes is purpely cosmetic, but not a chance with two-piece.

cutting your fender and then repairing it, don't really know what you mean by repairing it, but all you have to do is trim it with a dremel and apply some touch up paint.

as for aiming, they are no harder to aim than US projectors, which is not hard at all.

i also don't really know what you mean about the city lights, many people do wire them to come on all the time, but they are not there to output light, the projector takes care of that. they are there so other cars can see you, the idea being that in well lit european cities, cars won't need their low beams on at dusk.

and as for the "fog lights" on the early A4s, I kept mine on all the time and still found the light output to be awful.

basically, don't knock it tell you try it. based on what you have heard you are spreading information that is completely untrue. Many people on this board, myself included, who have gone from two piece headlights to e-codes will attest that there is a huge increase in usable light output, and it is a far cry from a purely cosmetic mod.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Head Cat Herder

Default Dude, what's your issue?

it's WAY more than just the housings. It's all about the lenses.

The DOT lights by regulation have to send a certain percentage of light UP, to light up road signs, trees, birds, airplanes etc. In Europe, they don't do this, as most of the road signs are lit. The lights are more focused on the ROAD, where you need the light to see where you are going.

Also, brighter bulbs in dot housings will not give you as much light as 'regular' bulbs in e-codes. This has been proven. No, there are no hard and fast stats on this, just MANY people that have upgraded to the newer style e-code lights.

I upgraded my 98.5 from the 2 piece DOT lights to the 1 piece halogen e-codes, and it was a HUGE difference, to say the least.

dont' knock something you have never tried, seen or know anything about.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Head Cat Herder

Default First of all, they aren't $500, and if you had a clue what you were talking about...

you'd shut up NOW.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Head Cat Herder

Default well, lets see. 1. they don't offer 5 speed in the A6 Avant, or any other engine...

2. I have 2 kids, and play the drums. Need the room.
3. Ive been driving stick longer than you have been breathing if you are still in college, and have nothing to prove here on Audiworld by saying I have mad rowing skills.
4. What difference does it make which transmission my car has?
Old 12-18-2003, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wrong! first off, you have to REPAIR the paint, no motorized aimer..>

SHOW ME THE STATS!!! why can't anyone show E-Code stats vs. Stock>?

-with the E-Codes you have to sit and manually aim them, all cars these days have that motorized, on its own. (am I wrong there?)

-you have to CUT into your car to mount them, OBVIOUSLY you have to repair (paint, sand), the area you cut. (am I wrong here)

-city lights are the low dim lights, used to spot your car, I have seen numerous times in Chicago guys driving with just the city lights (thats just for looks).

-and if it wasn't for LOOKS, why wouldn't everyone get the 2-piece E-Codes?
-------------------------------------------------

your WRONG on the aiming thing though, cars have MOTORIZED aiming systems, they HAVE to! Even ****ty US cars.

Cutting up the fender sux, and if you don't repair it professionally, it will look like ***, I have seen bad jobs.
------------------------------------------------

SHOW ME THE E-CODE stats though, I wanna see some #'s vs. stock housings.. >>
Old 12-18-2003, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no MANUAL tranny in the A6 avant?? >>>>

http://www.cars-used-new.com/includes/automakers_models/audi/audi_a6_avant/

shows that it comes in Manual here. That would really be messed up if you didnt know you could get your car in MANUAL.

Quick Reply: My Dirty Audi A4 2.8 needs a wash Eh??