A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My mom chose the Lexus SC-430 over the Boxter, A4 Cab, and TT Right choice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mom chose the Lexus SC-430 over the Boxter, A4 Cab, and TT Right choice?

Unfortunately 1 less Audi in our family of Audis. (A4/A6/Allroad) Any good color combos on the SC-430? Looks like shes going for Green/Beige. They are not very popular around here.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:22 AM
Rest In Peace

It'll be a nice long distance highway cruiser, if that's what she wants.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

cha ching, did she choose based on cost? heh
Old 03-04-2002, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Actually its being leased and it was cheaper than the Boxter. Both have very high residual!
Old 03-04-2002, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default friend leased a Lexus for his wife....

then got an S4 for himself. Said the though the Lexus was a nice car...until he got in the Audi. Now he says he "can't wait until the lease is up on the Lexus so that he can get her a nice car."
Old 03-04-2002, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default But nice is so subjective...

My parents just bought a 2500 GMC Suburban and they think it is the best car they have ever owned. Some other people think that the Honda Insight is the 'nicest' car they have ever seen. PERSONALY I totally agree with you and your friend's opinion. Just waiting to sell my wife's Nissan for an A4 Avant. I think mooseboy has the truth of it, she got what she wanted for her needs.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:43 AM

purple w/cream interior looked nice
Old 03-04-2002, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've stopped giving advice on car to friends and family for that reason...

Both my sister and parents were in the market for SUVs. They asked me my opinion and I even did a little digging for information from trusted sources on what's reliable and not in the market.

Mechanic friends asid to stay far away from the Fords. (And having had three Ford trucks that have all had a fiar share of problems I can agree.) They also said that they see alot of the Toyotas and Nissans in their shops (thier "bread and butter" work.) The concensus was the Dodge Durango was the best overall in relibility and durability, second was the Chevy Trailblazer. I also encouraged them to wait for the Saturn Vue. Although it's not the most exciting vehicle, having had two Saturns with nearly 300,000 miles between the two, I can say that they do build a quality product. Parents have always been Audi people, so I tried to get them to stay in the family and look at an allroad.

My wife was looking to replace her Ford Diesel with aner truck. The diesels, while are powerful, are expensive to maintain and repair. Tried to get her to look at the new Chevy Diesels (since she insisted on having another diesel.)

Long story short...parents bought a Ford Explorer, sister bought a Ford Expedition, and the wife bought a Ford F250 SuperDuty Diesel.

So, now I just tell people to buy what ever makes you happy. You have to drive it and you have to pay for it.

I'll give my opinion if they want it and I feel like they'll listen. But if I sense that they've already made up their mind to buy a Honda, don't ask me what I think about them.

Wow...maybe I needed that rant?
Old 03-04-2002, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default LOL... advice is expensive... If things turn out well they congratulate themselves but if...

things go foul it was the bad advice. :-)
Old 03-04-2002, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thats what she originally wanted..Isteered her away...to bling bling for my mom. so we agreed on grn

Quick Reply: My mom chose the Lexus SC-430 over the Boxter, A4 Cab, and TT Right choice?