A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My new A4 finally arrived

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-1999, 07:14 PM
Cliff

Default My new A4 finally arrived

It arrived five months after I ordered it. It is a Volcano 2.8 quattro sedan, 5-speed with Opal leather, heated seats, sport steering wheel and CD changer. It came with a cargo net in the trunk; the dealer reprogrammed the remote to operate the windows.<p>I did not get the sport package, as I am not an aggressive driver and I was more interested in comfort. I didn't get the sunroof because I wanted more headroom and I don't like sunroofs anyway. I didn't get Bose because I figured that sound quality is always limited inside a car anyway. I left out the trip computer because I'd rather have fewer buttons (I would have left out cruise control if I could have). I didn't order the tiptronic because . . . well, it's not really a stick shift.<p>It is an extremely fun, comfortable and attractive car -- with amazing attention to detail and top quality throughout. The Opal leather is beautiful with the Ambiente wood. The matching dash and steering wheel look great to me; an improvement over the contrasting black. All the other 1999.5 upgrades are very nice as well. The standard radio is actually excellent, much to my surprise.<p>The car accelerates very powerfully and the handling is fantastic. The brakes are really impressive. The transmission is smooth and precise.<p>I take the subway everywhere Monday through Friday and only have the car brought down from the parking garage on weekends. Before the A4, I did not have a car for many years. Even though I really don't need it, I feel it was easily worth the money. I think that if the A4 did not exist, I would not have bothered to get a car at all. As I wrote above, the three main descriptive words are fun, comfortable and attractive. The ownership experience is one of complete satisfaction.<p>Thanks to all on this forum for sharing your knowledge and insight.
Old 05-06-1999, 05:20 AM
familyman

Congrats &amp; enjoy (like I needed to say the latter)!
Old 05-06-1999, 06:39 AM
vik

Lot of recent additions in volcano -- I'm not as unique as I thought I'd be! Sounds like a beautiful car -- congrats! :-)
Old 05-06-1999, 12:10 PM
vinny

Default Re: My new A4 finally arrived

Congratulations! well worth the wait. I would like a lttle info on the re-programmed remote