A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My Parking saga continues (very very long and slightly off-topic)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Parking saga continues (very very long and slightly off-topic)

The first two sections here were posted months earlier. A lot of folks were asking how this situation was progressing so I decided to include all of the past posts so anyone interested can get the full picture. Yes it's long as hell so you can turn back now if you want

***REPOST***[originally posted in early Fall] OK, I currently live in a basement apartment. The upstairs tenant (Single mother of two) has her driveway and I have mine (which happens to be connected to the garage). Well this has worked out well until recently. She bought a used Dodge Neon to replace her old beater... only problem is she somehow feels her new car has inherited my space. Now don't get me wrong it's not that she wants to SWITCH places she just takes up BOTH spaces. Her old car is not even properly parked and I already put a nice scratch on my rear bumper side pulling out of the driveway one morning.

Now I work full-time and go to school full-time which means I am constantly out of the house and back in. EVERYTIME I return home no matter how late it is I have to knock on her door wake her up and get her to move her car (which she just pulls right back in behind me).

Well because of my hectic schedule I often have to leave the house very late/early in the morning. For example I'm writing this at 1:30 AM from work. Today I told her I would be leaving very late and she should not park behind me. Well 1:00 AM rolls around, I open up the garage door and guess what!? She's still parked there! She just moved over a bit onto the neighbor's driveway thinking it would be enough room for me to get through! My first instinct was to wake her *** up and get her to move it but as I said she has two young kids in school and I thought by waking up the whole house at 1:00 am I'D be the bad guy. So I inch through VERY slowly and carefully and still end up rubbing against her car (can't see any damage but it's still dark out)

Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to get called on by my mates in the middle of the night and have to say "Sorry I can't come out my car is trapped in the F$%&ing garage!

I think tonight is the last straw though... one thing I did not mention was that my parents own the house and serve as landlords to both me and her (I mean how stupid do you have to be to make such a vile enemy of the landlords son?) I asked my parents to deal with it about 2 months ago and being the good parents they are (I'm not being facetious) they simply told me to deal with it myself. Last time I knocked on her door to discuss the matter she said she would be getting rid of the derelict car ASAP (an obvious lie as it's been 2 months)

Would bringing the landlords into this now be a weasel thing to do? Have I done all that I can on my own? Am I overreacting?

I want my damned driveway back but I also don't want to make an enemy of the women as I still have to live with her as a neighbor for the next 4 years of school.

If you're still reading I applaud your persistence ***END OF POST ONE***

***REPOST 2*** OK it's about 2 months later and allot has happened. The day after I posted the above message I knocked on her door to speak with her. She answered already glaring at me with her keys in her hand. I told her that I didn't need her to move her car and that I was there to talk about our "situation". As soon as those words were out of my mouth the screaming began. She called me shameful and greedy, she went on about how she was a good woman with "Jesus on her side" and she would sleep on the floor to let a stranger have her bed. I tried to calm her down and bring logic into the argument (big mistake to use logic on a religious person)

I said: "look this is very simple there's no need to get upset, there are 2 driveways, there are two of us. You have one car that won't even start and is just sitting there. You said you were going to get rid of it 5 months ago, the landlord TOLD you to get rid of it, and it's still there." Here's were I caught her in one of her MANY lies. She told me outright that she had no intention of getting rid of her car. Once I asked her why she had lied to the landlord she got this `OH ****' look on her face. Then she said that even IF she got rid of her derelict car she had no intention of ever parking in her space because "she doesn't like it" Then she made another big mistake, she threatened my father (The Landlord) by saying that her parking spot was illegal and we had better be careful because she would report it to the city. What really pissed me off about this was the following: 1) The spot was a perfectly legal addition to the property and was added just for her. 2) The landlord has always been extra nice to this women to the tune of not charging her utilities, turning a blind eye when the rent is a day or two late etc.
Then her screaming turned to tears. All other avenues having failed she tried the good old guilt routine. She started telling me that I `hate her because she's poor' My parents (landlords) have always hated her etc. THEN she started talking to her ex-husband who was not even in the house! I **** you not she started holding a conversation with a person who was not even there! I gave up, apologized politely for upsetting her and walked away. Funny her loud sobbing stopped as soon as I was gone.

That was the end of my trying to deal with this situation myself. The landlord (my Father) called her up and told her that she would HAVE to get rid of her second car or at least find a new place to park it. Much to his surprise she started screaming at him. Well he screamed right back and threatened to both have her car towed and to have her evicted. She started crying (again) and just dropped the phone ending the conversation. Two weeks later her old derelict car was gone and her Neon was being parked on the neighbors driveway.

For the next 2 weeks she actively sought to make my life difficult. If I so much as had my TV on after 10:00 she would pound on the floor of her apartment (my ceiling) with what sounded like a sledgehammer. She began purposely leaving the garage door unlocked were my A4 sleeps, and the absolute last straw came last Sunday.

I was leaving my apartment, I open the garage door, and there is a F#%&ing car blocking me in. I've never seen this car before so I figure it's a guest of my neighbors. I was in a hurry so I attempted to maneuver around it. It's not looking good and then I look up and see my neighbor smiling at me! I roll down my window and tell her that whoever owns that car had about 15 seconds to move it. She said "You don't talk to me! I don't know anything about that car" She closed her door. I just snapped, I am a pacifist and I'd like to think that the patience I had shown this women for the past 5 months would rival any saint but I had finally come to the conclusion that my good nature was not being appreciated so I turned into `EVIL GATSBY'

"WE'LL SEE WHO'S CAR IT IS WHEN THE TOW TRUCK GETS HERE" I slammed my door and ran for my cordless phone. I walked outside with it while giving my address to the Tow Truck Company, who do I see walking away from the car (now parked on the street)? My Neighbor with keys in hand. "So it's not your car huh?" I asked hanging up the phone. The smugness in this women's voice was infuriating.
"I don't know what you talking about, have a nice day"

I told her I was going to have a great day, better then the one she was about to have. She didn't like that and told me (again) that she had Jesus. This whole time she's following me back to my apartment. I just said, "you'll need him" and slammed the door. The landlord was on the scene in 10 minutes and the screaming was deafening. ***END OF REPOST***

Well I've finally gone through all the steps and she was served with an eviction notice by the landlord last night. He pulled up just as she was walking up the front steps but she would not acknowledge he was standing there or trying to give her the piece of paper. So when she opened her door he threw it in. She threw it right back out but 5 seconds later (when she thought he was gone) she opened the door and took it inside. I was kept up for most of the night as she screamed to herself (so that I could here) that she was going to get even and God was on her side. I think if you read all of the above stuff you already know that this women is totally insane but it actually gets worse. She has started to refer to the house as hers and still says she is not going anywhere despite the eviction notice. Legally she has exactly 59 days to leave or else a Sheriff and two bailiffs will remove her into the street while the landlord changes the locks.

What really breaks my heart is the fact that I heard her kids asking her to just start looking for a new place but she won't. She says the eviction is illegal and she won't "start all over someplace else" Tomorrow morning I'm having the locks on the garage changed so that my car remains safe (she has vowed to "get even")

Lately she has been really vile. She will call up one of her friends and speak so loudly that I know it's for my benefit. She has called my Girlfriend a tramp and me a spoiled little jackass who is doomed to burn in hell. She loves calling everything I do illegal and insists that there is plenty she can do (funny she hasn't done anything yet). This is a really sick women and I sincerely think her kids should be taken away from her for their own benefit.

Again comments are welcome
Old 02-28-2001, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: My Parking saga continues (very very long and slightly off-topic)

damn, all this over a parking spot, good grief!!!
Old 02-28-2001, 03:29 PM

Default not just over the parking spot

she turned it into a war for territory. She resents me for being young and driving an Audi, she resents my parents for being younger then her and having a position of power over her. Then again I think she just resents everybody cause we have never had a tenant in the basement that she did not chase away. I guess she thought she could do the same to the landlord's son which is a pretty stupid bet.
Old 02-28-2001, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Wow! I hope she dosen't end up stalking you. Is her last name Bates?
Old 02-28-2001, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default kick her out in 59 days.. she deserves it.

No matter what started the whole conflict, she should have basic respect toward you (another tenant) and your father (landlord) If she want to be rude and unreasonable. She can look for another place that will take her and her attitude.
Old 02-28-2001, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You live in TO?
Old 02-28-2001, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default All I can say is...WOW.

It's funny cuz I was just wondering about you and that situation...although, I didn't remember that it was you. But I did remember that post. Anyways, my advice is to just be careful. You never know if she'll strike against you or your A4 for that matter. Hopefully, this all blow over pretty soon. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2001, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Maybe you should document (pics) the stuff she's doing for evidence later.
Old 02-28-2001, 03:33 PM

10 minutes west of TO
Old 02-28-2001, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah... keep an eye on your car...

Quick Reply: My Parking saga continues (very very long and slightly off-topic)