A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Nalley Audi in ATL has 2002 A4 Brochure..

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nalley Audi in ATL has 2002 A4 Brochure..

I was a little disapointed Audi again screwed us by not offering the Navigation System Plus with the LCD. I really don't understand why Audi makes some of the decisions they do, especially regarding the unpainted lower body panels. I enjoyed checking out a TT Coupe in the showroom and was glad to hear Audi is bringing an inline-six TT in the next year or so.
Old 08-02-2001, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default where do you take your A4 for service Kroams? I have an apt with Nalley next tues.

I know they're new and seem to be great from the little I've talked to them. I sure hope Nalley is better than Jim Ellis! Man does Jim Ellis sales people suck!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I bought my A4 from Audi of N. Atlanta (now Nalley). Their service department is top notch.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:00 PM

Default Actually they are not a new dealership (m)

They are the same dealership as Audi of North Atlanta but moved down the road when they were bought by Nalley. I don't currently have an Audi but am seriously considering either a 2002 A4 or a TT. I really like the TT except I wish it had more power than 225. I think this new A4 will be sweet if I can look beyond the grey lower body panels. As far as the dealership, Audi of North Atlanta had a very good reputation regarding service and were chip friendly. I would think most of the staff moved to the new location.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I bought my car from Jim Ellis, I wish I had bought it from A of NA, they really do give u an audi

loaner when u bring in your car for service, JE gave me a damn jetta and mazda 626, hmmm ... sales man told me I'd get an audi loaner when I brought in for service, boy, they'll say anything for a sale.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:23 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Trust me, you are better off with Jim Ellis

I would gladly tradean Audi loaner for fair service, and great work done right the first time. North Atlanta blackballed an S4 owner, by calling EVERY dealer in the state to flag him for being chipped.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Blackballed? Are you sure Ed?

I know for a fact that the service department manager has chipped his TT at Audi of N. Atl. My sales guy has his S4 chipped. They used to have flyers on their service counter advertising chips from MTM (Autobaun of Atl?). When I was waiting on my '00 A4 to arrive and found out before taking delivery that '01's had 170 hp, the sales manager at the time who is now at Ellis (Mike Mouchet) told me just chip my A4 and don't worry about it. Can you elaborate on what happened to the S4 owner? I don't have gripes against Ellis Audi, but I do have problems with Ellis VW next door. Furthermore, I've had terrible service on my Mazda MX-6 at Ellis. Their service department people are rude, and I have had nothing but poor service from them with my VW. The consensus seems to be that Ellis VW sucks. Majority of VWVortex members in the Atlanta area have had similar lack of service from Ellis. Service was bad to the point where people are taking their cars to Stone Mountain. Let's not be bias, Ed. Not everyone knows the inside people as you do at Ellis. You have done work for them, and you know techs there on a personal basis. Of course you're going to get nothing but excellent service.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:44 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes, blackballed.

He had a chip, that was sadly enough chipped based ON North Atlanta's advice. When he blew the turbo's, be went back, and was promptly asked if he had a chip. He said yes, and why would he NOT, since they suggested it in the first place, and routiniely send folks to Eurotech. She promptly said it was voided, and proceeded to call Jim Ellis, and every Dealer in the state. He was effectively flagged in the system. How do I know this? He found out I know the guys there, and e-mailed me asking for help. I called, only to find out that they knew of him already, and I was told what happened.

I also heard AWEFUL things about the VW side; Lee Wertz at the Audi side is NOT like that.

I am not biased. You can ask around, and I am on terms with Lee, and I have one tech as a friend; yes that helps. I have listened to the way the staff talks to the people, and also watch. The techs are methodical; I would NEVER trust them with my car, unless I thought they were good at what they do. My relationship was built over two car ownerships. I got the same treatment when I was a name on a sheet, as I do right now. If you know me at all, you;'d know I was not bias, but will be enthusiastic about the jewels I find/experience among the mud and swindlers out there.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm bothered by the S4 owner's experience...

I hope you didn't take offense to my last post, Ed. You're right about N. Atl Audi recommending GIAC chips from Eurotech. I know you as an objective person who is always helpful to all AW'ers. I've met you on a couple of occasions and respect your views. Based on my personal experiences with Jim Ellis VW and Jim Ellis Mazda service departments (which happens to be on the same side as Porsche and Audi), I came to the conclusion that their service quality is poor. You can't fault me for thinking that you may get better treatment than the average Joe because of your relationship with the people there. For the good of ATL Audi owners, I hope you're right about Ellis Audi service quality.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:28 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yep, it's all about the service manager...

they are getting a new facility soo, and are pulling off into a new building.

I would not EVER recommend the VW department to my worst enemy.

Still, as long as Lee Wertz and the current group of managers and techs are there, It's a great shop. I'd gladly give up an Audi loaner for getting the work done right the first time.

No offense taken at all, not that I can fault your thoughts. I was just explaining it a bit, as there would be no way for you to know the details.

If I'm pissed, its because you never show up to the brunches

Quick Reply: Nalley Audi in ATL has 2002 A4 Brochure..