A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Nassau County Police can kiss my @SS...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2000, 10:04 AM
Simon of Hofstra

Default Nassau County Police can kiss my @SS...

This past sunday i was pulled over doing 79 in a 55 on Northern State. I was pulled over by a Camaro LT7 i believe. What ever is was it was a camaro and the guy wrote the ticket in record time. He was a pretty nice guy and taht was taht.
Now, listen to this. Last nite i got pulled over again doin 84 in a 55 by a Nassau county Cop. You guys may say i'm an idiot or a dumb *** but i was following 3 freakin cars in front of me doing the same speed and the pig pulls me over? I'm not really happy with that one.
I'm pleading not guilty for both of them and i'll keep you guys posted. Which will take 6months till 2 years to process.

Vehicle Description: Blue 99 A4 1.8t (remus straight through, TAP2, K&Ned, soon to have new suspension)
Old 02-18-2000, 10:10 AM
Adult speeder, but not a crybaby

Grow up. You got caught speeding. Deal with it in a mature manner.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:12 AM
JR

29MPH over the posted speed will land you in jail in some states. Not guilty, or just lucky?
Old 02-18-2000, 10:16 AM
AbeF

do we need to insult eachother??? Geez. Sorry to hear about you ticket's Simon. That blows.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:19 AM
LAP

Default Re: Nassau county speed traps

Good idea to plead not guilty. I have some experience with this it will probably get knocked down to a tailgating ticket. Any way I learned my lesson slow down to 69/75 and watchout at the following places

Meadowbrook - underpass after hofstra exit - rare but stewart avenue exit - just before southern state exit headed south-bound on straitaway

135 - all over but ecspecially at split going southbound from 495.

wantagh - south bound at rte 24 exit and northbound near souther state exit before and after (between sunrise and ss and between ss and 24)

cross island - around throgs neck bridge exit north and south bound

495 - westbound near 135 (up on grass) and out east between breaks in dividers (hide out)

ss - near exit 13 and near eagle avenue exit

Northern - between 135 and round swamp break in divider both directions

Black A4 2.8 5SPD
Old 02-18-2000, 10:42 AM
MJD

Dude, there is only one solution: Valentine 1 -- there is no substitute
Old 02-18-2000, 10:43 AM
RickM

Default Trying to see the relevance of any of this...are we all gonna post our speeding ticket stories now??

It's one thing to talk about driving when it's A4 related, but pissing and moaning about getting a speeding ticket...gimme a break. Now don't get me wrong, I know from plenty of experience what it's like to get caught speeding, and getting singled out by the cops when you're one of many doing it is damn unfair. I also understand the need to vent. But doesn't the concept of "off-topic" mean anything here anymore? There's a Misc. Forum for just this kinda stuff. Go ahead, flame away, I know I'm right on this one.

Rick
Old 02-18-2000, 10:48 AM
Name withheld for obvious reasons

Default How I beat my ticket....

Actually, I paid my speeding ticket, but didn't get any points. When I paid, I wrote a check for more money than was needed, so the had to send me a check back. Here's the good part, I didn't cash in the check, which means the ticket was never finished being processed and I didn't recieve any points on my record. This was over 7 moths ago and still no points. There's no law stating that you HAVE to cash a check, is there?
Old 02-18-2000, 11:04 AM
Checks

Default Re: How I beat my ticket....

No there is no law that you HAVE to cash your check and furthermore after 6 months it becomes "stale dated" which means you can't cash it even if you wanted to so the only way for them to finish the ticket would be 1)u request another check and cash it 2)they send you a check and cash it. Baring that happening they may take you check as a loss and finish the proccess, but I doubt that also. So you may have gotten away with one, but you never know.

Good thinking.
Old 02-18-2000, 11:35 AM
Audiboy

Default Since this was common knowledge that proliferated in the internet back in '98, I would think they

would know about this by now. So, keep us posted by next year, if you did really get away with it :-)

Quick Reply: Nassau County Police can kiss my @SS...