A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need to find a GOOD dealer service dept. in west LA area

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2000, 08:12 AM
Chris

Default Need to find a GOOD dealer service dept. in west LA area

I am on a desparate search for a reputable and honest service department (Audi dealer) in the west LA area. I have had several rattles in my car, and have not had any luck getting them fixed. I've tried two dealerships (Downtown LA Audi and Vasek Polak), and have had no luck. They tell me they fix it, but it's still there! I'm getting really frustrated. I just want a dealership who will listen to my concerns and do what they say they are going to do - not just pacify me! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-02-2000, 08:42 AM
Patrik

Try Beverly hills Audi or ogner motorcars....
Old 02-02-2000, 08:58 AM
phred

I'
Old 02-02-2000, 09:02 AM
phred

Default Excuse me, as I was trying to say...

I use BH Audi and they're fine. But you've got to remember, of all the things that are the hardest to fix on a car and the most time-consuming for a service tech, it's stuff like rattles and squeaks. I bet Audi limits them pretty severly when it comes to submitting these for warranty reimbursement, so they do what they can as quickly as possible and hope it helps.

For this kind of stuff, you might have to find an indy shop that is willing to devote the time and effort to the task and charges a lower hourly rate. You might try calling GT International in West LA, which is a very good BMW shop, and see if they have an Audi referral.
Old 02-02-2000, 10:15 AM
RickS

Beverly Hills has been pretty good, trying Newport this week
Old 02-02-2000, 11:06 AM
Alex

Default Bev Hills Audi very shady. Don't give them your business! (long)

Chris-

Sorry to hear about your service problems, but I would avoid using Beverly Hills Audi if at all possible. I went through a broker (who've I used before and who I trust completely) and they totally jerked us around. We were trying to deal with them because they were the only dealership who had the A4 with the options I was looking for.

After a needlessly ugly negotiation, we finally reached terms that both sides could live with. Then they call my broker to tell him the car is not on the lot; it got traded to another dealership and had not been taken out of their computer. The dealer tells my broker not to go elsewhere, that they're going to do whatever ever they can to get the car back and that he, personally, is going to fix the situation.

My broker finds a similar car out at Rusnak in Thousand Oaks and they're MUCH easier to deal with. He calls back Bev Hills and is told the the dealer's left for the day to work the LA Auto Show. He had not lifted a finger to get my car back.

I realize this may be no reflection on Bev Hills service department but a fish stinks from the head down. If their sales dept is this disorganized and unreliable, why wouldn't other depts also be?

My .02,
Alex
Old 02-02-2000, 11:47 AM
Chris

Default Re: Bev Hills Audi very shady. Don't give them your business! (long)

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely take that into consideration. That's the problem with these dealers. You never know when they're legit or not!
Old 02-02-2000, 02:32 PM
Patrik

Default This is interesting! I experienced exactly the opposite!!!

Both me and a very good friend of mine bought 99.5 A4TQMS at beverly hills audi. Everything was super smooth. the price was right, the cars where exactly the way we wanted them and available!!

I had my worst experience at Rusnak Westlake!! They tried to sell me the "paint protection" and "seat protection" $hit for $700 and were not willing to offer me the car below MSRP!!!! I negotiated for 1 hour and they still wouldn't go down. Of course I left!

I did like Rusnak Pasadene, though! I actually was about to buy a front trac there but beverly hills audi had the same car as a quattro (QMS+silver_onyx).

When it comes to the service departments, I have only experienced and heared good things about Beverly hills audi. They have trained service personel that only works on porsche and audi and also paid for my rental. They are not located very convenient so I tried Ogner motorcars and have good experience with them, too.

Generally speaking, when you buy a car through a broker, I would not be too surprised if things don't go as smooth.

My $0.05.

Patrik
Old 02-02-2000, 04:40 PM
Alex

Default Car brokers are a Godsend

Patrik-

Rusnak Pasadena was the dealership where I went for a test drive. The sales person was pressuring me to buy and I explained to her the lease wasn't ending on my present car for another four months. This is what the salesperson said to me: "Oh, you should turn in your car before the lease is up. Otherwise you get into a big hassle with the dealership and they try and find things wrong with the car that they can charge you for." Not only is this a complete lie, it's the exact OPPOSITE of the truth. Turning in a car at the end of a lease is completely hassle-free, unless you've wrecked the car. It's scumbags like this salesperson that make me go through a broker.

Also, Patrik, it's patently untrue that one should expect things to not go as smoothly when using a broker. (That you would say such a thing leads me to suspect you're a salesman from Bev Hills Audi pimping his dealership) You tell a broker what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay, and he goes out there and does all the dirty work for you. He deals with the lying, bait-and-switching sales scum while you go on about your life. Then he calls you when he's found the car. My broker even delivers the car to my house. Brokers and internet sites like carorder.com have flourished because car salesman and their tactics are repellent to most people. Anything that keeps me from having to deal with them is a good thing.

Alex