A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need Help Quick, Car doesnt start sometimes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Quick, Car doesnt start sometimes...

Today I was turning my car around in my driveway and I stalled it, so when I went to restart it it just turned over for a while and didnt start. After having it turn over then after a little bit more turning over it fired up but it idled at 2k rpm. I let it run for 5 min thinking it was flooded the rpms eventually settled after a while and I shut it off then it wouldnt start again. So I leave it for 2 hours and it fires right up. Then I was waiting at the pool hall for some buddies with the engine idleing when I shut it off I tried to start it up again to move it next to their car it wouldnt start. After turning over for a while it fires up but it reaked of smoke and a little gas and ran really rough. I cant figure it out, I have a full tank of shell 93 from where I always fill up from with no problem. My check engine light sometimes comes on for the coolant temp sensor but it doesnt come up all the time. When it was acting up the check engine light was off. This seems to only happen when the car is warm also.

Anyone have any ideas? if I leave my car at the audi dealer and get a loaner do they normall charge for the loaner? Im getting tired of the issues with my car, we baught it last year and put 1k of parts into it (TB, control arms ect...) and im still needing another control arm and my ABS light goes on intermitently.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated...