A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need help quick to raise my low-beam headlights?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-1999, 03:35 PM
Karen

Default Need help quick to raise my low-beam headlights?!!!

Hi everyone,
I'm on my way to Tahoe and need help adjusting my low beams. I can't see very far in front of my car at night in the pitch black. I'm going to go back up the hill and need them fixed as soon as possible. I saw a while back that someone adjusted them 2 turns to the LEFT, is this right? I've searched the archives, but am not finding that message. I need it to be specific... thanks for any help.
Karen
Old 08-15-1999, 03:43 PM
MitchC

Tell us what year your car is! Pre 99.5 has picture in manual
Old 08-15-1999, 05:02 PM
Karen

Default Re: Thanks Mitch, my brother figured it out for me, simple !

My car is a 99.5. We followed the picture in the manual. Seems simple, we'll see how it works tonight. Thanks
Karen
Old 08-15-1999, 06:04 PM
JT

Mitch..."who's better than you?". How did you know if you have a 99.5?
Old 08-15-1999, 07:27 PM
Ray Calvo

Default Man, are folks nowadays helpless?

The owner's manual tells you what screws adjust vertical and horizontal. Wait for a dark night, park about 40-50 ft. away from a vertical wall, turn on headlights, adjust the screws so that you raise the lights. Count the no. of turns you make. If headlights move down, you're probably turning the wrong direction; count back to orig. position and try the other way. This took me about 5-10 minutes.

Boy, how you snotty-nosed kids would have survived in the days of carburetor mixture and distributor timing adjustments, or distributor points replacement is beyond me. Not to mention repairing your TV sets by carrying the tubes down to the local hardware or pharmacy store to the great magical tester.

Even if 2, 3 or 1.856783 turns worked for somebody else, it doesn't mean it will for you. You don't need to be specific, you need a brain and some guts.
Old 08-15-1999, 08:48 PM
Mark K

Default Re: Man, are folks nowadays RUDE?

How do you know by reading Karen's post that she's a "'snotty-nosed kid"? Are you saying ALL kids or the younger crowd now-a-days don't know as much as 'older folks' ??? Give me a break, sorry we're not all the expert that you are Ray, isn't that what this board is for? To ask questions and to learn? Why can't you just answer the question in a polite manner like everyone else does??? Too simple for you? Then don't answer it! That simple!

Smart *** remarks deter people from coming back to this site. I'm sure there are lots of people here who are willing to answer any question posted no matter how simple it is, or how many times it is asked.

So, if you're reading this Ray, just cool it. Despite smart *** remarks people like you make, I still come back to this site to read other helpful posts.

Mark
Old 08-15-1999, 11:36 PM
J. Seb

Default Karen: Is your 99.5 A4 equipped with Sport Package?

nt