A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

NEED OPINIONS ON MY DILEMMA: Somebody at my gym put a dent in my door and I know who it is.......(more)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-1999, 07:48 PM
markbradford

Default NEED OPINIONS ON MY DILEMMA: Somebody at my gym put a dent in my door and I know who it is.......(more)

Went to my University gym today. There are two parking lots at my gym - one in front (close) and one in back (far). There's one spot left out front that looks a little tight, but, as it's soooooo much closer to the gym entrance I decide to take it anyway. (yes, I see the irony here)<p>So there's a car on my passenger side that I take note of because it's a little closer than the one on the driver's side. It's a POS 80-something white toyota camry wagon. (At this point I do NOT do the smart thing and move my car to the back parking lot)<p>To make a long story short when I get back (1.5 hours) there's a dent in my passenger side rear door and an accompanying white paint mark. <p>I do not know who the driver is, but I've seen the car in the lot before, and I'm sure I'll see it again. The way I see it I've got two mutually exclusive options:<p>1. The High Road: Find out who owns the car and politely show him/her what they did (I can prove it with the paint, dent location, and Gym ID card entry/exit records) and hope that they believe in Karma. However, if they refuse and brush me off, I must endure seeing them at the gym and having no closure.<p>2. The VERY Low Karma, High Closure Road: I boot the living **** out of the Camry next time I see it.<p>I obviously can't go for door #2 if #1 fails. BTW - this is the first imperfection on my car so it hurts that much more.<p>SO - SAINTS AND LOOSE CANNONS ALIKE - WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Old 06-22-1999, 07:52 PM
Josh

Sugar-in-gas-tank
Old 06-22-1999, 07:55 PM
Mark

Deflate the tires everytime you see the car!
Old 06-22-1999, 07:55 PM
Tim

What does this do? Blow it up?
Old 06-22-1999, 07:56 PM
Bootit Good

Boot the hell out of the Toyota-only satisfaction your gonna get
Old 06-22-1999, 08:03 PM
Mark, again

Best revenge is to mess with someone's head, would it drive you nuts if you had all 4 tires flat everytime you came back to your car?
Old 06-22-1999, 08:05 PM
Ray Calvo

Default Ah, kids nowadays. New liberal education is saldly lacking in many areas

It was an old-time wives tale of how to ruin a car engine. Theory was that the sugar dissolves in the gasoline, is carried into the engine, then in the cylinders will ruin the rings and sylinder walls.<p>Only problem; sugar does not dissolve in gasoline- not at all! I seem to remember some scientific studies done along whether sugar will ruin an engine (think scientific body was "Click & Clack"?). I think only way they figure it might do something requiring really major overhaul was fouling up the fuel filter (potentially causing car to run lean and thereby burning valves and overheating); otherwise no damage done unless sugar was dumped right down the carburetor inlet (you can see how old this rumor is).<p>If you don't know what a "carburetor" is, suggest asking your Daddy.
Old 06-22-1999, 08:23 PM
pips

Default Re: NEED OPINIONS ON MY DILEMMA: Somebody at my gym put a dent in my door and I know who it is.......(more)

ur first option seems lot better in many ways. u may have a satsfaction that u did ur duty and it's upto him to take care of the rest. One simple apology from him might make u happy. he might not have deliberately done that.<p>If u choose to do some damage to his car (like dents and all that stuff), he may not care. I haven't seen any Camry guy taking care of his car the way an average A4 guy takes care of. If, by any chance, he comes to know that u did the damage and does the same to ur car, imagine how painful it's going to be for you.<p>I don't think u will be happy even if u cut his all 4 tires and he inturn doesn't do anything to ur car. u may feel guilty every time u see his car.<p>Ooops what am i doing here...pips<p>
Old 06-22-1999, 08:24 PM
alvaro

Default OPINIONS: Life is short. Get a life. It's just a car. Buy a POS Toyota next time if you care so much.

NT
Old 06-22-1999, 08:28 PM
It's the democratic thing to do.(nt)

Kick it...REAL hard. Trust me, you'll feel sooo much better-

Quick Reply: NEED OPINIONS ON MY DILEMMA: Somebody at my gym put a dent in my door and I know who it is.......(more)