A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need To Vent...About Jack Daniels Audi in FairLawn New Jersey....What to do? Need Help! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need To Vent...About Jack Daniels Audi in FairLawn New Jersey....What to do? Need Help! ! !

I went to the dealership on Saturday for the tie rod recall. It took about 3 to 4 hours to complete. I am not upset about the time I knew it was going to take that long. What I am angry about is that they replaced myAUDIWORLD license plate frame with a Jack Daniels dealership plate. I wouldnt be so mad but this is the third time they put a dealer frame on my car. The first time was for my first service. I had no plate frame at all and after the service they put one on. The second time was for my third service. No dealer frame on before service, but after service a dealer frame. AND NOW THIS...THEY REMOVED MY AUDIWORLD FRAME...I emailed the dealership about what they have done and have gotten no response. I would have called the dealer on Saturday, but I didnt notice my frame missing until yesterday. NEED HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO? I AM REALLY PISSED OFF. I THINK THE NEXT TRIP FOR SERVICE WILL BE BELLEVIA IN WEST NEW YORK. I was happy with the service at Jack Daniels until this incident. Sorry for the long rant.....
Old 03-05-2001, 06:06 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

They have no right to do that, it is YOUR car. I would complain LOUDLY!!
Old 03-05-2001, 06:09 AM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would call and verbally bitch slap the service manager

"you do not have the right to remove products from my car"
"you want to put a driving ad on my car you will pay me $15/hour to have it on my car!"
"this is the third time this has happened, and is a bogus/illegal policy or practice on your end"
"where the hell is my frame, and what the hell are you going to do to make me happy after this!"
Old 03-05-2001, 06:10 AM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

did you lease the car?
Old 03-05-2001, 06:10 AM

Default This is the start on expressing my feelings.....It happened three times....Jack Daniels I hope you

are reading this!
Old 03-05-2001, 06:12 AM

NO I bought the car....it's not a lease
Old 03-05-2001, 06:13 AM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Default then they have NO NO right...

go with my initial rant!

Im sorry man...I am mad for you!
Old 03-05-2001, 06:16 AM

Even if it's leased, they have no right to do that...
Old 03-05-2001, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am so pissed *I* am about to call them!
Old 03-05-2001, 06:25 AM

Default One word...

Confrontation.

In person.

In front of other customers and loud.

Tear that service manager a new a$$hole for all the world to hear.

I would also let the owner know that not only did that little stunt not achieve its intended purpose (i.e., advertising their dealership), but it so pissed you off that you now intend to make it know as far and wide as possible that everyone should avoid Jack Daniels Audi like the plague.

I live in North Jersey, and after hearing your story, I would never consider bringing my car there for service, and I certainly wouldn't consider ever buying a new Audi from them when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Need To Vent...About Jack Daniels Audi in FairLawn New Jersey....What to do? Need Help! ! !