A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

NEUSPEED EXHAUST ANYONE, I AM GOING to buy one and I figure we could both save money on 2 systems.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 02:44 PM
Josh Bayne

NEUSPEED EXHAUST ANYONE, I AM GOING to buy one and I figure we could both save money on 2 systems.
Old 12-09-1999, 04:53 PM
Kevin Michael

Default No Speed...

When it comes to Volkswagen, Neuspeed always made products that were never up to par. I cant say much about their Audi products, but think for a minute. A company that deals only with Audi, such as LL Tek, would be a wise choice over a company that makes performance products for not only German cars, but also Japanese... aka Neuspeed. German technology deserves only the finest German after market parts... just my 2 cents.
Old 12-09-1999, 06:05 PM
LL Crap

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard!
Old 12-09-1999, 06:41 PM
Nick N.

FYI: the nuespeed cat-back exaust system was originaly designed for a VW. Good S-it.
Old 12-09-1999, 08:26 PM
Marcus Frost

Default I'll have to disagree, as I have the Neuspeed kit, and know there's a differance.

The Neuspeed system is fabiracted by Borla. It's almost IDENTICAL to the APR/Borla system, except for a few little aesthetic differences. The exhaust has a wonderful tone, and gives you that nice little extra power down low. It also smoothens out the torque band.

Marcus Frost
99.5 1.8TQM [ GIAC Chip / Neuspeed Exhaust ]
Old 12-10-1999, 06:05 AM
Kevin Michael

Default Gotta have love...

I mean, gotta love when a company puts their name on someone else's product, then charges you more for it...
I wonder who makes my Brullen Exhuast that sounds like a beast now...
Old 12-10-1999, 07:54 AM
JamesD

Default Been using Neuspeed for years...

on an '85 GTi, an '88 Fox wagon, a '95 GTi VR6 and now on my A4... my friends have been using Neuspeed parts on their cars (German and Japanese) as well.

i've never had an issue with customer service, quality or a product not meeting my performance expectations. Neuspeed's price structure is very competitive and i think that they offer a 'voice of reason' in a market with tuners who keep their prices inflated because we happened to pay >$25,000 for our cars.

i've never purchased anything from LLTek and i cannot comment on their quality, but they also seem to be one of the 'lower-cost' tuners. i'm glad that we have these alternatives.

i only ask that posts that are going to trash talk any particular tuner offer specific examples of poor service or quality and not make sweeping remarks like "When it comes to Volkswagen, Neuspeed always made products that were never up to par."

i apologize for the rant, but a mild hangover has colored my view of the world this morning.

JamesD
'99 A4 1.89tqms (Neu P-Chip, Neu exhaust)
Old 12-10-1999, 03:30 PM
Greg Woo

Default Re: Discount on our exhaust

Josh,

One of the great things about our distribution network is that they all want your business, and will quote you competitively, even if you only want to buy one exhaust.

I'd suggest contacting the following dealers/distributors:
Greedspeed
Autobahn International
Rapid Parts
1552 Tuning
New Dimensions
Virtual World Parts
Velocity Sport Tuning

These are all companies that specialize in German cars and are happy to earn your business. Just follow the link below to our web site, hit the "Dealers" button, and you'll find their address and phone numbers.

BTW, there's a little anti-Acura/Honda post later in this thread which I always find amusing. We started with Audis,BMWs, and VW cars back in 1975 and didn't really get into the Acura/Honda market until the late 1980s. Those of you who follow racing can understand this point: How can you turn your back to a company that has won 2 Formula 1 championships and 3 IndyCar championships, building the motors in-house rather than simply leasing an re-badged Ilmor powerplant? This is the same company that worked with MSD in England to build a bulletproof touring car that we purchased, turnkey, in 1996 to run in the North American Touring Car Championship. Even with the full help of Reynard Engineering, Chrysler could not beat us with their multi-million dollar Stratus touring car program. We never had a single engine failure the entire season on Randy Pobts' car. Say what you may about the people who drive Acuras & Hondas, but don't underestimate the machinery.

Happy Motoring to All!
Greg Woo<ul><li><a href="www.neuspeed.com">www.neuspeed.com</a</li></ul>