A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

New Receiver: No Rear Audio

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97AuA4di
As you can see from the image, this wiring harness includes a 20 pin connector. 3 wiring harnesses later I think we've found a solution!
Did this work? I directly wired my two rear speakers into my stock harness. sure it is more wiring, but I was running a remote wire and power wire for my small amp.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I will post results whenever I receive the product (hopefully tomorrow!)
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Frustrating when you keep spending money on things that do NOT work. Rear speakers still without sound. I checked to see if they still work when I put in the stock radio - they do. The new wiring harness I purchased from ebay is not a solution. I tried to make-shift it into working, and that proved unsuccessful.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I thought so. You are going to have to run speaker wire directly from your rear speakers and solder it into the head unit's harness.

That is what I did, not a big deal, I hid them under the center console along with an amp wire, remote wire, and amp signal wire.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Old 11-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default why run new wires?

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Sales
I thought so. You are going to have to run speaker wire directly from your rear speakers and solder it into the head unit's harness.

That is what I did, not a big deal, I hid them under the center console along with an amp wire, remote wire, and amp signal wire.
Hmmm...What am I missing here? why run the new wires if they already exist? Seems like he just needs to find the ones that run to the back...then he can splice into them. You can get some cable splice connectors at any Radio Shack... This problem can't be as hard as it seems...what are you using for a head unit anyway? I thought you were using a stock head unit...is it an aftermarket such as Sony, Pioneer,etc.? If its an Audi unit why doesn't the existing harness work? Is it a different model head unit than what was originally in the car?

I remember the Bently manual has some color codes for the wires...I can try to dig those up if you are having trouble determining which wires to tap into.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am using an aftermarket unit other than stock. The 20-pin connector is my biggest issue as you can see from the previous posts. The rear audio (left and right) lays in those wires.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys I have had a breakthrough!

Okay, so the yellow connector (one of the 3 that make up the 20 pin connector) is the outlet for the rear speakers. ALL of the wires correspond to the rear audio.

What I did was cut the wires from the yellow connector (brown/red x 2, blue x 2 , and white). I spliced each of the wires and directly soldered them to the wires from the receiver output. The brown/red correspond to the rear right (+ and -), the blue correspond to the rear left (+ and -), and white corresponds to the amp power.

Wow, what a difference it makes in my ride experience with the rear audio back - WOO! I hope this brief/non-specific guide helps someone else!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Congratulations!

Okay, so the yellow connector (one of the 3 that make up the 20 pin connector) is the outlet for the rear speakers. ALL of the wires correspond to the rear audio.

What I did was cut the wires from the yellow connector (brown/red x 2, blue x 2 , and white). I spliced each of the wires and directly soldered them to the wires from the receiver output. The brown/red correspond to the rear right (+ and -), the blue correspond to the rear left (+ and -), and white corresponds to the amp power.

Wow, what a difference it makes in my ride experience with the rear audio back - WOO! I hope this brief/non-specific guide helps someone else!
You just can't cruise with out proper tunage! Glad it worked out for you!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Yeah, I'm sure it will. Good going!