A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

North Carolina Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-1998, 05:16 PM
Moondee

Default North Carolina Dealers

Does anyone have any experiences with any of the North Carolina Audi Dealers? Did anyone get a really good deal or a bad deal, and where? Also, any of them that are good and also have friendly service after purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-22-1998, 06:02 PM
Clair C.

Default Re: North Carolina Dealers (long)

Moondee---I dealt with Leith Audi, Cary. I don't think I got such a good deal in retrospect after reading this forum for 6 months, but then again it was not awful and I did not want to go too far from here to buy it. I have been quite happy with the service there, the department seems knowledgeable and quite friendly and has done good work so far (getting ready for 6 month service, so not a lot of service yet.) They don't want to acknowledge that the remote stinks, but they are not alone in this respect. They do want to charge a lot to reprogram the window up/down with remote and I think it is too much for what it is worth. On the whole I am satisified so far. They are not like my Honda dealer was back in Pennsylvania, but again after reading all the posts, I guess I would say that is generally true for Audi service. Before I get flamed for saying that, my Honda dealer was a gem and I doubt I will ever have that kind of relationship again no matter how much I pay for a car.<br>There are other NC owners on this board and hopefully someone else will chime in.<br>Regards,<br>Clair, 98.5 2.8 FWD MAN
Old 11-22-1998, 06:09 PM
Alex Popper

Default Re: North Carolina Dealers

I've used Flow in Winston Salem and Volkswagen Audi South in Charlotte and had good results with both.<br>
Old 11-22-1998, 06:23 PM
Glenn R

Default I also got my car from Flow Audi in W-S. Here is what I experienced:

I got a great deal on probably the most attractive A4 on their lot (4.75% over invoice). That was for a 98.5 back in August. The sales staff was terrific until after I signed on the dotted line. After that, it was like I didn't exist to them. But, the service dept has been excellent so far. They also seem to have a lot of A4s, as many as they have Jettas. So, you might be able to get a good deal if you buy one off of the lot.<br>That's about all I can tell you.<p>-Glenn
Old 11-22-1998, 07:38 PM
AShuster

Default I went to Flow...they lost the deal to Audi/VW South in Charlotte

I spent 5 hours at Flow Audi with a complete dipsh*t of a salesman. We had agreed to a lease price, with my wife's trade-in on a silver 1.8TQ (non-sport), signed the paperwork, everything. Then, he comes back and tells me they forgot to add the payoff on my wife's car (about $1000). I was so pissed, I just walked out.<br>I went down to Audi/VW South in Charlotte, worked out a lease deal on a laser red 1.8TQ (SPORT),sunroof, trip comp., and the deal was $30/month less! I dealt with Willi Senst, who used to be the service manager for the same dealer, and was very knowledgeable on the products. I have had only one trip to the dealer for a minor issue, but they were very accomodating. I would recommend them highly.
Old 11-23-1998, 04:05 AM
J.Russ

I bought from Leith, and paid too much. That, obviously, was my fault. I could have shopped around more but didn't want to travel too far afield. The sales staff there is O.K., I guess. A lot of the guys didn't seem very well versed in the particulars of the A4. They also sell Jags and Porsches, so the A4 is their low-end model. Their service is adequate; they generally get things fixed but are woefully understaffed. I had to wait *four weeks* to get in for a scheduled oil change!<p>I've heard good things about Pecheles Audi in Greenville (you might want to give them a shout) and bad things about Crown in Greensboring.<br>
Old 11-23-1998, 06:35 AM
Frank Janke

I just came back from Flow Motors. I drove from ATLANTA to purchase a used A4 Quattro! So far (2 days) the car has been great. What was particularly nice was I negotiated everything over the phone...including trade in! All-in-all I had a great experience. The Atlanta Audi dealerships (4 of them) where ALL bad. No call backs and a poor attitude.
Old 11-23-1998, 06:54 AM
Glenn R

Maybe that's a lease thing. We got to 4.75% after only 5 minutes of haggling. It was the easiest purchase I ever made.
Old 11-23-1998, 11:05 AM
RB

I've had nothing but difficulty with Leith. I was haggling for 3 days and then walked out before they stopped me and gave me what I wanted. Then the service has been absolutely poor including persistent arguing on the part of the service "scheduler." Stay away from them if you can.<br>
Old 11-23-1998, 11:41 AM
David White

Default I drove to Atlanta to get my A4....(long)

When i was in the market for my A4 (december 97), none of the NC dealers had what i wanted (silver 98 2.8qm with black interior)....I knew if i ordered what i wanted, it would take forever and i would have to pay full price...the wait alone would have killed me!! The best deal that i could find in NC (on a car that was on the lot) was $1000 below sticker in Charlotte....Leith wouldnt go below sticker at the time..<p>I've always been told that Atlanta is the place to go for european cars in the southeast...so i called audi of north atlanta. They had the exact car that i wanted on the lot (2 of them actually) and they cut $2500 off the sticker price....I didnt mind driving six hours (raleigh to atlanta) to get exactly what i wanted for a good price...<p>Things might be different now, i have noticed alot more A4's on the lot at Leith lately...when i was looking they had about 3 on the lot and they were all sold...<p>I go to leith for service because i dont have a choice, and they have been pretty good to me so far...<p>Also, if i can help it, i will never buy a car locally...IMO most of the raleigh area dealers (especially leith BMW) are dicks...they wont talk to anyone under 30 unless your wearing a suit and they'll barely budge on prices...<p>David White<br>98 2.8qm

Quick Reply: North Carolina Dealers