A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

North East : 9/16 Pocono North course time trials heads up

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North East : 9/16 Pocono North course time trials heads up

Hi all,

I would like to invite everyone to a track event in our area. We were introduced to the EMRA racing club a few months back by some of our AW friends who regularly track their cars and I'm sure glad I met these guys. Sunday track events!!! no hotel expenses, no vacation leaves etc.. something you probably wont get with the Quattro club. Instructors are not there to baby you (unless you specify), and they are quick to tell you what's going on with your setup.
Also time trials in the pocono raceway is so unique as the venue is too. its a Nascar venue and its huge - in practice sessions, 5 lane passing zones! Nascar banking bends! but my favorite would be the infields where I'm more at home, making my tires sing a bit =). on time trial sessions, you own the whole course for 2-3 laps and its timed(!) - cant get that in quattroclub events - its you & the car on the PA's best pavement. wow.
a good time to test out your mods (or before your mod), or measure up to various types of cars/drivers, correct some bad habits, some practice, impress the wife and kids or just to relieve stress - i get all, except the wife/kids part.
I think its a safe course as I didnt notice any off camber turns(south course). our A4s did quite well the last time we were there, but on the north course V6 power will count big time.
I am proud to announce our special guest Liam of Montreal, he'll be showing us how the canadians do it, plus there will ge a good chance he'll be tagging along some french canadian babes. NE S4s and A4s will be there. There's a good chance we'll witness dingster's APR tuned Stage3. hmmm, maybe Todd&Mike/AWE can join us too. I wonder if theyre available? who else is in the area? maybe I can try to contact PES
anyway, its a month away, just giving you time to make plans.

Hope to see some of you soon.

ps. you possibly get a time trial license after the event<ul><li><a href="http://www.emraracing.org/emratt.htm">EMRA Time Trials</a></li></ul>