A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Northeast Event - Quick Summary

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-1999, 07:55 AM
MichaelB

Default Northeast Event - Quick Summary

Well, what a great day! Finally, good weather at a Northeast A4 Event! Turnout was great. It's hard to estimate how many cars showed up, as people came and went throughout the day. There were usually about 65 cars present, so the total number is probably in the low 80's. <p>We had just about all A4's along with 5 or 6 Passats. One TT showed up, and quickly made an exit. I don't think the owner was too thrilled with all the interest his car was generating. Barry at Direct Tire wanted me to ask the owner to park it up front and center, and he declined. Oh well.<p>There were WAY MORE modified cars at this event than previous events. It is so interesting to look at all the mods. There is so much variety.<p>Everyone looked like they were having an absolute blast. Poor Adrian at VW Sport, through a set of uncontrolled circumstances, ended up handling the chip demos by himself. It was crazy! Everyone wanted to test both the Neuspeed AND Autothority chips. The sign up list was so long that some people didn't stick around for the wait. Interestingly enough, most people said that the Autothority was the chip that felt better. Even though it was double the price, it outsold the Neuspeed chip. I wouldn't have thought that would happen.<p>The Dent Wizard did quite well, removing dings from no less than 12 A4's. Mix 98.5 did a great job, providing some cool giveaways as well as good music and a PA system we got to use. <p>The day was filled with positives. There were two unfortunate incidents that took place. First, someone stole 4 spark plugs off the counter in Direct Tire. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. If someone took these thinking they were a giveaway or something, please let me know as well. <p>The other somewhat frustrating incident (and I don't have the full story) is that someone was complaining to Adrian at VW Sport about the long wait for the chip demos. This is mind-boggling! I found Adrian from VW Sport USA outside trying to smooth things out with the guy. I don't understand what right anyone has to complain! I mean, these chip demos were FREE. The event was FREE. There was a sign-up list which made the process very clear cut. Adrian was working his *** off to make everyone happy while at the same time fighting off a stomach virus, and this guy complained. It was quite annoying to say the least, and it is a tribute to Adrian's patience and attitude toward excellent customer service that he took so much time trying to make the guy happy. If it was me, I would have said "See ya!" Life's too short...ya know.<p>Anyway, aside from a few unfortunate incidents, the day was truly great. I think that a lot of event rookies showed up this time around. It was apparent that they didn't know just what to expect as they got there. After a couple of minutes, they were right in the middle of things, checking out this and that. I had a lot of people come up to me saying that it was the first time at an event like this, and they were having a great time, and appreciated me setting it up. This felt great, and I was glad that all the Northeast A4 Group veterans as well as the new folks were enjoying themselves. After all, that is what it's all about! <p>Next up, we need to head to the track!<p>Mike<p>P.S. If you are just jumping on the Forum today, don't forget to look down a bit further on the Forum and check out the pics I posted!
Old 06-07-1999, 09:39 AM
Poethius

Default What about the S4's?

In addition to the TT, there were a couple of cars with S4 badges. What was the story on those?<p>Great event! As a rookie, I really enjoyed seeing all the creative mods and meeting you and Jason and Barry and some of the other folks. Keep up the good work!<p> 1998 1.8Tqm (soon to get sport suspension)<br>
Old 06-07-1999, 10:19 AM
nealr

good question, I was curious about those
Old 06-07-1999, 10:31 AM
jfl

The &quot;new S4&quot; was a rebadged A4. Did you notice the 5 speed?
Old 06-07-1999, 10:34 AM
jfl

The &quot;new S4&quot; was a rebadged A4. Did you notice the 5 speed?
Old 06-07-1999, 10:49 AM
nealr

what's the point of doing that?? I don't get it.......
Old 06-07-1999, 11:21 AM
Chris C

One was a rebadged A4 and one was a '93 S4.
Old 06-07-1999, 11:58 AM
jfl

me neither. perhaps he forgot the V-Tech decal as well.
Old 06-07-1999, 01:57 PM
ARC

Default Re: Northeast Event - Quick Summary

Three cheer for Adrian! He was busting his A** to help us out and didn't seem to be getting much gratitude. I was one of the last/the last cars he did (the blue A4 with mucho pollen), and he was helpful, courteous, etc. And this was even after 4 o'clock, with DirectTire closed, out in the parking lot!<p>This was my first A4 event, given my car is new. Attitudes like Adrian's, et al, convinced me to consider going to other similar events.<p>Thanks to all who organized, and kept organized, a potentially chaotic scene yesterday!<p>Andrew
Old 06-07-1999, 03:17 PM
Poethius

Default Actually I did. Kraut Boy's revenge?

<br>nt