A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Obnoxious rant... a "Classic" tale...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obnoxious rant... a "Classic" tale...

Our local Orlando Audi dealer never ceases to amaze me... went to purchase an oil filter serveral months ago for an in between dealer oil change and the parts guy hands me a filter the size of something that would screw on to an old Ford V-8... told him it was the wrong one and the dude argued with me... even asked why I was changing my own oil... told him to keep the filter and left... managed to purchase one at a local VW dealership with no hassle...

Last week I had to make an emergency trip out of town and wanted do a pre-trip oil change... went the Audi house and for the filter... was handed one that looked good to me so off I went... time constraints kept me from doing the oil change but when I got around to it guess what... wrong filter. Called the dealership (it was Sunday) and there was no way they would sneak into the parts dept. and swap out the filter... yeah, I was pissed.

Point to all of this is, how hard is it to correctly pull one of the most common parts for one of the most common cars a dealership sells. I wonder what would have happened it I installed the filter they had given me? How could they get it wrong twice. Sorry for rant... these two incidents have pretty much destroyed my confidence in this dealership's ability to provide decent service... Looks like I'll be heading to Melbourn or Champion Porsche Audi when we make the jump to the new TT or 3.0 later this year...
Old 11-20-2001, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some simple advice...

Don't waste you time with incompetence... buy your filters (as well as any other parts you need...) mail order... Clair Parts Rocks!

Clair is an Audi dealer... so they can get anything.

Either buy online... or if you don't see what you are looking for... call the toll free number on their home page.<ul><li><a href="http://www.clairparts.com">Clair Parts</a></li></ul>
Old 11-20-2001, 05:21 AM

Default Sir... you are so very right!

Used them for a broken fog lamp after the same local dealer wanted about 45 bucks more than those fine folks wound up selling me one for...

I plan on ordering a bunch of general maintenance stuff from them after the holidays... they are truly great people to work with.