A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ok, full review...kind of long

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, full review...kind of long

i got back this morning around 4am from Chicago. really good trip. everybody that i met was really really cool. sameer picked me up at the airport bumpin to snoop. not at all what i expected. sameer was really nice. he seemed really sad to see his car go, but its going to a good home. we met up with bryan (skabaru) and shon (smurfette). once again...really nice. really cool. shon's car is crazy. then the 4 of us went to home depot and met markb, steve, syed, eric, and two other guys whose names i didnt quite catch. all of them were really nice. steve is the same as he is on the boards. real nice, kind of goofy. and his car is GORGEOUS in person. his friend syed was really cool too. he wants to go nuts on his car...and thats cool. eric was hilarious. real good guy. mark was really cool. everytime i turned around at the bars, he had another drink for me. all of these guys were people i could totally hang out with. its nice that the audi crowds are so cool. anyway, mark and i did a bunch of 3rd gear rolls. the first set mark pulled everytime. after we stopped and i learned where the good shift points were and i was more comfortable with the car, i did a lot better. when mark was in the 93 octane i slowly walked away. he slowly walked me when he was in 100 octane. it was fun.

ok onto the car. its awesome. the t-28 is so strong all across the powerband. i just dont know how to explain the power compared to a chip...but i love it. it is WAY faster than my old car. the exhaust sounds great. i love the strat shifter...which i wasnt planning on liking at all. the only thing i really dont like about the car are the brakes. i'm just so used to having 4 piston big brakes. but they're fine. i'll get around to upgrading those in the summer/springtime. the suspension felt good. i didnt really put it into any corners hard, so i'll get back to you guys on that. but i'm so happy with the car. it pulls so hard all over the board. its nice to have a car with power. on the drive home, i had teh cruise control set at 80. this ricer in a civic hatchback with his fartcan exhaust pulled up and revved his engine. i dropped it into 3rd and was GONE. i set the cruise again thinking he didnt want to get embarrassed again with his girlfriend in the car. well i was wrong. he pulled up again, went to wot and took off. he was about 4 car lengths ahead when i dropped it into 4th. once again..bye bye. that was the end of him.

but to sum everything up..it was a great weekend. the chicago guys were awesome. and the car is fantastic. i totally recommend the t-28 to anyone who's debating it. sorry this was so long.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:21 AM

Default glad to hear you're enjoying your new car

i'm a bit jealous of the T-28 Enjoy dude
Old 11-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Elder Member

thanks man!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:25 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Indeed...good group of guys (and gals)!

Seems they are now making a habit of entertaining out-of-towner's stopping in to pick up their new rides! :-P

I hope they'll all be coming out to Mid Ohio next summer for some fun!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Elder Member

yep..they are awesome
Old 11-16-2003, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: ok, full review...kind of long

congrats man its good to hear that you love the new one
Old 11-16-2003, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

droped it in to fourth..lol.. not into 3rd or something.. right on.. Glad you enjoy your car!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Elder Member

didnt need 3rd. it is so powerful
Old 11-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Elder Member

thanks man
Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Congrats on the car!

Are you running the 1.3 bar chip or the 1.5 bar chip? I thought Sammeer had the 1.5 bar chip, but I read that you did some rolls w/ Mark w/ the 1.3...

Quick Reply: ok, full review...kind of long