A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Ok I found the alarm module BUT I need help here ..(really long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok I found the alarm module BUT I need help here ..(really long)

I did not realize that the alarm module is also the keyless entry AND the air pump for the locks.

This is tricky for me and I will explain why.

In my last car I had a Clifford alarm and I rigged up my Genie garage door remote with a relay that was connected to one of the aux outputs on the Clifford. When I activated that aux output from the key chain remote (ch. 5 I think) it sent a negative pulse to close the relay and operate the Genie garage remote which was stuffed under the dash.

This was really cool because I could just walk up to the garage door and hit Ch 5 on the remote and the door would open (only way to get in garage). I also did not have that ugly Genie remote hanging off the visor.

I thought that if I could find some sort of pulse signal from the factory keyless entry in my Audi I could rig up the same sort of thing.

The easiest way I can think of so far is to just tap off the factory alarm horn output so when I arm the system and the horn does its "beep" it would close the relay.

But what happens when I just park outside the garage in the driveway.

I would like it to operate something like this. If I press lock once the doors lock, twice then the really closes and operates the garage door.

I know it's starting to get tricky but I know it can be done somehow. All I need is

1. A negative (or positive) pulse WHENEVER I press lock on the Audi key fob.

2. Some sort of "ground when armed" output from the Audi alarm module. Many if not all aftermarket alarm systems have something like this to drive a starter kill relay.

Can anyone help me out here. PLEASE

I think this would be a pretty cool mod for a lot of people, especially those that have garages with no entry doorways.