A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ok i'm getting sick of getting flashed for my hid...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default that shot was taken in fog deliberately at that angle to glare...

but i get what you're saying, thanks.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is exactly why HIDs get a bad name - go fix your damn lights!

It's sad that you get flashed at least once every night and still dont get it. What exactly would it take for you to understand that your lights are aimed too high and that you're blinding other drivers?

Yes, you will get the occasional random idiot who's never see HIDs or just plain doesnt like them. The key word is random. Getting flashed at least once a night is people desperately trying to give you a clue because youre blinding them.

You dramatically changed the lighting system *and* suspension on your car yet you didnt realign your headlights. What makes you think thats ok? It might be a useless analogy in your case, but when you changed your suspension, did you get your car aligned? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, why wouldnt you realign your headlights after making so many dramatic changes?

Hopefully now, you get it. Please use RKAs alignment advice, or do a search on HID alignment and it will tell you eactly what height your cutoff should be at 25'.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well, if you would have read my prior post which i linked to

in my original post, you'd have seen that i've re-aimed my lights numerous times. for your jumping to conclusions-pleasure, i'll link to it AGAIN in this post so you'll have no trouble finding it this time. thanks for thinking you're better than me and i'm an idiot.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1699589.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1699589.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-27-2003, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You appear to be aligning them by trial and error, which clearly doesnt work...

...because people are brighting you all the time. There's a very simple and sound method for aligning your headlamps - you cant just eyeball it. Give this link a shot, and your problems will go away. (I like it better than the lighting.org one because its a bit easier to understand with the pictures)

For the record, I never said that you're an idiot or that I'm better than you. As a matter of fact, I've been in a similar situation. After one of many suspension changes, I didnt realign my headlights before heading out on a test run. On the return trip home (lights on) I was brighted no less than three times which was a clear indicator to me that my headlights were blinding people and I felt horrible. I was well outside of town on a rural road, and I initially chalked car #1 up as some country bumpkin that didnt know what HID lights were or didnt like them. After car #2 and #3 brighted me, I felt like an idiot because I knew my lights were blinding people. Needless to say, I fixed them immediately.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autooptiks.com/aiming.html">Aiming FAQ</a></li></ul>
Old 07-28-2003, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes, i

feel bad and also am quite embarrased by it as well. i guess it did sound as if i'm right and THEY'RE wrong, but i really am just frustrated that after many many 'trials' i was still getting the two eyed flickoff. just sounded like you were attacking me, sorry. thanks for the link.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I probably jumped the gun a little, because I didnt see your other post...

...where you had tried to align your lights, so sorry about that. Ive seen far too many people running around with misaligned HID kits or halogen bulbs that just plain blind people, so it makes me a little crazy. The problem is compounded by the fact that street lighting in Texas is very scarce, and in most cases nonexistent.

Good luck on the readjustment!