A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

okay time to vent..i'm super pissed at Audi of Alexandria..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Typist Formerly Known as (skene)'s Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to agree with RKA on this one....

Although it was wrong for the service manager to go on an anger spree, he did look out for you. If you had brought the car in for servicing the seat heater and it could not be done in the time allotted you should have brought it upon yourself to have the item replaced while the vehicle was under warranty and you really should have no reason to complain about it.
If you were previously told to bring the vehicle in afterwards to get it replaced, then you should have scheduled an appointment another week or so forth to have the item repaired while under warranty.
I think the service manager did the right thing by helping you out while you were already out of warranty.

Thats my $.02
Old 08-11-2004, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh, I agree, but it seemed that they couldn't handle it over 3-4 days...

just saying, as far as he is concerned, it makes no difference... someone is out, someone else needs to pull the slack.

I am not disagreeing with you on the overall situation...
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default He doesn't, which goes back to "how" he dealt with the issue.

Yes, it would be nice if we could have everything we wanted, WHEN we wanted it. But things don't always work out that way, do they?

But since that's out of the bag...what's wrong with understanding that there was an issue that prevented them from doing the work? Do you live in a utopia or something? It's not like they handed him the keys to a car with a faulty fuel pump? The issue in question was minor, and non-critical in nature. They gave him the car back when they promised...and to most customers that counts for something. He had another 6 months to reschedule to have the work completed at his convenience.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I hate it when that happens
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default if you car was a cheesburger, it definitly would be a lick and stick

by the time you go to pick it up

never **** off the chef or waiter until AFTER you have your food
Old 08-11-2004, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just don't agree with the manager going into detail. He should have left it as "personnel issue"

whether the mechanic's hung over and didn't show up or his wife went into labor, it's not the customer's business. Their business is with the shop, not the mechanic. Going into detail opens yourself up for criticism.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:48 PM

Default shoot the hostage

you are to blame. ignorance is not a defense.

hope they don't scratch your car during the complimentary "wash" and accidentally over fill your oil.

Here's a tip for you: don't argue with the waitress BEFORE you get your food.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:50 PM

hahahah, i posted the same
Old 08-11-2004, 12:51 PM

Default yea, i realize that but it's not like i was looking to anger anyone..but now i'm just

wondering what's happening with my car..
Old 08-11-2004, 12:53 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Nobody's arguing with you.

But the turn the discussion took after rfan's comment was initiated by him, not the service mgr. I don't bring that up to point out right or wrong...instead I mention it because he had it within his power to change the tone and nature of the conversation. What followed was merely a predictable outcome.

I'm not saying I would have done any better. I just realize more and more (after reflection), that everytime a discussion or confrontation goes south...that I could have handled things differently, and very likely influenced a more desirable outcome.

Quick Reply: okay time to vent..i'm super pissed at Audi of Alexandria..