A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Opinion: Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Highs, No lows, Must be BOSE!
Old 12-04-2000, 06:59 PM

I have the Bose but prefer listening to the V6.
Old 12-04-2000, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Mids and highs decent, deficient bass, sound staging outta whack...

...otherwise, just add bass to satisfy most people's tastes. I simply added a 10" and a dedicated sub-amp and I'm very happy. Stock, it sounds better than most OEM systems I've heard. Crank up the volume up and you quickly realize it needs a little help in the bass-bumpin' department
Old 12-04-2000, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If you are a true audiophile, it's not worth the money.

Spend it on a custom system instead...
Old 12-04-2000, 07:45 PM

Default I get annoyed listening to people cut on Bose.

Bose is one of the more elite brands, but has none of the hype-only characteristics of some elite brands, such as Infinity or JBL (see Ford Taurus)...People have a right not to chose any sound system based on whether it tingles their ears, so Bose might not be the most -hairraising for your liking, but PLEASE stay away from terms like "doesnt reproduce music to my liking." Bose EXACTLY reproduces sound and music, as any techie who studies the systems knows. What many people here like that they absent-mindedly criticize Bose for is not "interpretting music". LEave that to other systems, to make the bass so huge that it shakes the car, and makes the trumpet give you bloody ears. IF you want insanely exaggerated music then its AOK to get a different system, but what Bose does is play music as it is, attempting to have accuracy rather than exaggerating, and I like that.
Old 12-04-2000, 07:50 PM

Default Yuck..lower post aside...

I just hate what custom systems do to break up the center console....hard enought o find a all red display, but often the buttons look out of place and the font is all wrong..but thats just me..Id actually liek to see a amp and system adaptable to the head unit and console parts....lol...maybe to just add features, like balance, finer bass and treble tuning, etc
Old 12-04-2000, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That wasn't the point =)

If you're an audiophile, breaking up the center console isn't as a big a deal as the ammount of fine sound you will have in your ride. It just depends on what you're after. Although there are options that don't totaly distroy the dash, they just aren't cheap....
Old 12-04-2000, 08:25 PM

Default Try harder (more)

It's easy to get red buttons on a display, check Kenwood, custom systems are the way to go. A little spendy, but that's why you get the sponsorship right?
Old 12-04-2000, 08:40 PM

Default insanely exaggerated music? hardly..

i'd say that what you're saying is a little harsh. while the bose is quite satisfactory for most people, i'll guarantee any decent aftermarket setup will dance circles are bose.

accurate music reproduction? the bose is filled with distortion at anything slightly over an average listening level. i'm not saying the bose sucks but please, that system is hardly accurate - especially to anybody with a bit of audiophile in them.
Old 12-05-2000, 12:33 AM

Default LOL

Well then all i can say is in 96 Bose was still a quality company cuz my system lacks distortion...

Quick Reply: Opinion: Bose System