A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

OT please forgive me: La-z-boy or Barcalounger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT please forgive me: La-z-boy or Barcalounger?

Moving apartments (hopefully tomorrow) and that means i will be buying furniture for the first time, the time has come to throw out the ratty old stuff. I do know i want a recliner, and wanted to solicit opinions from anyone here who might have experience with these.

In particular, the Barcalounger "Enterprise" looks awfully nice...ive a friend with a La-z-boy "Garrett" and he raves about it, it has heat and massage motors in it.

Anyone here have opinions/experience with these recliners?

Sorry for the OT, but honestly this is a large bunch of people, and judging by the popularity of Krispy Kreme, there's gotta be some recliner-savy folks around here )

Cheers
Old 11-20-2001, 09:06 AM

what about IKEA!!!?
Old 11-20-2001, 09:10 AM
Rest In Peace

They're good for knickknacks and throwaway items, but their furniture is very cheap.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:14 AM

yeah, i know. my ex got an ikea couch. piece of crap!
Old 11-20-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have a Berkline dual reclining loveseat. Comfy as my A4 front seat.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:26 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Ever heard of Ekornes?

It's a Scandanavian manufacturer...you'll see their products in most Scandanavian-type stores. Anyway, they make some AWESOME chairs, but they aren't cheap by any means. Basically it's a reclining leather chair with a separate ottoman (?)...wood trim is usually in teak or rosewood. The leather comes in various grades, but even the cheapest grade is a thick dyed leather that is very resilient to years of use. I've had one going on 8 years, and I love it! It looks a lot like the chairs you'll find in Ikea, only it's much better quality, and Ekornes chairs are a bit bigger, hence, a little more comfortable. Their frames are also more sophisticated, making them much more comfortable than an "Ikea" chair.

I don't like the look of the LazyBoy's, and this was more comfortable (imho), so I went this route.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree
Old 11-20-2001, 09:53 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Sameer - check out Room and Board near you. All the comfort of a La-Z-Boy, but no cheese.

I dig the Eames, Christos, and Thor. Roadster's reallllllllly cool too IMHO.

If you get a La_Z_Boy, we'll have to take up a collection to get you a Caddy DeVille too.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Will that Caddy come with chrome dubs and teh landau top? :)

My brother favors that room and board place, ill check it out. Didn't want to spend more than $1100 on a recliner, so don't know if there recliners will fit that budget.

Cheers
Old 11-20-2001, 10:39 AM

Default We have 2 Berkline leather in our home cinema...ahhhh

I have a recliner with heater and massage. My wife has a swivel recliner. Both are bone whiteleather. Soft as a baby's butt. I can spend hours in mine.

By the way if you are east of the Mississippi R. give Rose furniture in North Carolina a call. Best prices I know of. Shipping (trucking) can eat up some of that depending on where you live.<ul><li><a href="http://www.rosefurniture.com/">http://www.rosefurniture.com/</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: OT please forgive me: La-z-boy or Barcalounger?