A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Perils of driving a modded car....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 10:22 AM
TM

Default Perils of driving a modded car....

Yesterday, I was enjoying the quattro traction in the rain, when I came up on an old E28 BMW. Because he was going slow and wouldn't move over to the right lane, I decide to pass him on the right, using my indicators for the whole maneuver. Well, it turns out that this guy is a major jerkoff with an ego problem.

First, he decides to tailgate me at a very close distance. In the rain. Very intelligent guy. I wish I had those tire flattening spikes to dump out the back like the 750iL in "Tomorrow Never Dies." Then he decides to pass me back, cutting me off at close range and then try to brake test me. Well, he nearly crashes when he tries to brake test me. This kind of driving truly incites road rage.

I guess this jerk thought that because I passed him and because the car that passed him was such a beautiful example of superior technology, he had to prove his little manhood.

I wish I was driving a 3/4 ton 454 supercharged Suburban just so when he brake-tested me I could punt this guy off the road. These are the times I would like a hulking SUV to "fix" these people.

TM
99.5 Avant TQMS
Old 10-05-1999, 10:33 AM
CW

hehe! Thanks for the laugh, needed that! I agree, maybe a souped up EXcursion
Old 10-05-1999, 10:37 AM
Jack5

Default Here's another mod that "Q" needs to put on my car...

The euro Passats have rear fogs lights. Need i say more! 100W rear foglight - tailgaters need not apply
Old 10-05-1999, 10:52 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yukon XL from now on - No more suburban. Put a cattle catcher on the front....oooooooo
Old 10-05-1999, 03:42 PM
TM

Default That's why I think of my PF as an "urban assault vehicle" (more)

I need the heavy-duty bumper/grille guard and some big offroad lights to complete the "intimidator" look, though. Some 4-piston calipers and the largest rotor to fit under a 15" wheel would be nice as well, so I can slow down adequately.

TM
99.5 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS
87 Nissan Pathfinder SE
Old 10-05-1999, 06:31 PM
Gordon Martin

Default We have these guys who only speed up for the passing spots - talk about road rage!!

I feel much better now that my A4 can handle these little problems (my poor Tercel had no hope).

But seriously, why would someone who is inching along with you on their tail want to make sure you stay there by dramatically increasing speed when the passing spots come up - I mean they can really hoof it at that point.

Grrrr.

Gordon Martin
98.5 2.8QMS (Santorin Blue)
Old 10-06-1999, 09:00 AM
Ray Calvo

Default Don't need no steenkin' big SUV; just the Aston Martin from "Goldfinger"

The DB4 with the
a) .50 caliber machine gun that extends out the turn signal light for when he's in front of you
b) oil slick dropper for when he's behind you

(Am I dating myself?)