A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

PES finally installed (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-1999, 09:17 PM
ToNyG3

Default PES finally installed (long)

I had the PES system installed last Tuesday at my mechanic's (KAZTECH in Hackensack, NJ). Billy, who used to be a technician at a VW dealership and ASE certified, let me assist him in the installation. We went through the install as outlined in the supplied installation manual. Billy was so impressed with the way the manual was written and the kit itself. We went through the install at about 7 to 8 hours, (this was taking our time). We did not encounter any missing parts on the kit nor did we find ourselves stumped at any particular section of the install. Great job Tony Ricci. Billy was impressed with the quality of the parts of the kit down to the supplied hose clamps and bolts. We sent out the ECU that same day via UPS next day air to Garrett for programming. Yup there is a down time of about 3 days if you are planning on buying the PES kit. After receiving a call from Billy this afternoon, I immediately asked my boss to go home early. At this point I was so excited and could not wait to test out the car. <br>We checked for fuel leaks check the belts all of which were ok. The car did not start for the first try. On the second try, the car started although the first 2 seconds was rough it eventually was idling normal. You could hear the blow off valve hissing as the car is in idle and the sound of the supercharge together in harmony with my Stebro exhaust . The only way to describe the sound it is creating is out of this world. . After about 5 minutes when the car got to it's normal operating temperature,it was time to test drive the car. I put the car in first gear and took off easily and instantly noticed the torque and power. I slowly pressed on the accelerator, I was amazed at how fast the RPM climbed to 4000, at this point I was shifting 4000 and when I looked at my speedometer and to my surprise it is nearing 90 mph. My car was just transformed. I will post pictures of the install and the kit itself. I still have to drive the car for about a week carefully(no full thottle), this would allow the ECU to 'learn' of the new components installed, as recommended on the manual. Phew could not wait to drive the car again tommorow. <p>Tony G.<br>fort lee NJ
Old 05-14-1999, 10:06 PM
JohnZ

Default Tony, whenever you are ready to take me on come on down to Jersey City and we will get it one, oh btw CONGRATS, your car has to be sweet..nt

nt
Old 05-15-1999, 09:36 AM
Bob V

How much do you have to modulate the pedal to avoid wheelspin?
Old 05-15-1999, 11:43 AM
DaveL

Default Tony, coming back to the NE Event this year to show it off? Give MichaelB a run for his money! ;-)

Old 05-15-1999, 01:36 PM
ToNyG3

Default According to....

the installation manual, is to take it easy and minimize full throttle runs during the first week or 20 driving cycles, This would give the new ecu time to 'learn' and adjust itself. I have a quattro so wheelspin is not existent on my car. The car is just amazing to drive, I am barely touching the pedal and boom i'm up to sixty in no time.
Old 05-15-1999, 01:41 PM
ToNyG3

Default I'll be there( more)

Yes I really loved the event last year, that is where I got my A!vant Garde wing and spoiler at a discount. I might, I said might go for the big brake kits, if the discount is good. Let see if this stock market would let me buy those =). I'll see you there. Take care. <p>Tony G.<br>fort lee NJ
Old 06-04-1999, 08:36 AM
Roy M

Default I also got PA highway paint on my A4 (more)

Bob<br>About one year ago I got in to some white paint that PA highway crew put on the side lines of the road. It was not as extensive as yours. I only had white paint under the car on the black rubber fender liners. I tried many solvents but found that plain old water seemed to cut it the best. I scrubbed and scrubbed and finally it all came off. I don't recommend the scrubbing method on the exterior paint but I though I would let you know what I did. Also the splash guards had a lot of white paint where the wheel kicked it up. The water also removed the paint. I guess the splash guards kept the paint from the exterior body.<br>Roy M<br>