A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

PES SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM - DONE - ON SALE NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-1998, 12:13 PM
Tony Ricci

Default PES SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM - DONE - ON SALE NOW!!!

<br>10/23/98 <p>Hi,<br>We are very excited to announce the completion of the PES 30V supercharger system! Thanks to everyone who has waited so patiently. Many of you who have been on our e-mail list since day one, have heard me say many times that I will not release a system that's not perfect. One with no excuses or band aid fixes (such as an add-on injectors). Accomplishing this goal has taken longer than we thought, but has paid off big with a system that runs as perfectly as it does from Audi. <br> If you look at the contents of most supercharger systems, you get the supercharger, brackets, pulleys, a belt, hardware, and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, without software. Using a high pressure rising rate unit attempts to accomplish mechanically what only a handful can do electronically, through ECU tuning. By raising the pressure in the fuel rails, the injectors can be forced to flow more fuel. When a supercharger or turbocharger is added to an engine, it needs much more fuel at full boost and/or full throttle. A small rise in pressure is OK, as in the stock configuration. The regulators included in many systems raise the pressure to a dangerous level, in order to squeeze every drop of fuel they can from the stock injectors. At high pressure the injectors can go "static" and stick either open or closed. If they stick closed, the engine will go lean, and a blown motor may be the result. This is not a risk we were willing to take with your motor!! The ONLY reason most SC systems on the market today utilize such a device, is because the manufacturers do not have the technology to completely re-engineer and re-map the ECU as described below. <br> We chose to do it the hard way by utilizing larger injectors. Physically changing the injectors is easy. The reason I say it is very hard, is because ALL of the fuel maps would now be ridiculously rich, since the ECU has no way of knowing that the engine has larger injectors. We then carried out the task of re-engineering the ECU's fuel maps so that the air/fuel ratio would be perfect from idle to full throttle. This is the way it would be done by Audi and Bosch. The fuel issue is only a small part of what is needed to be done with the software, to make the car run PERFECTLY--- an emissions clean car without OBDII fault codes which would produce a "check engine" light. <br> In approximately 4 weeks, we will travel to Los Angeles to install the first production system on a famous actors new A4 Avant ( I can't mention the name yet). The car will be featured "Turbo", "Import Tuner", and "Road & Track" magazines. <br> The response to our system on the A4.Org site has been overwhelming and we expect an even greater response once the magazines are printed. Since we started this project on A4.Org, we thought it would only be fair to offer the system to customers who have submitted their names to us through our page on A4.Org, before officially releasing the system to the general public. To further show our appreciation, we will offer the system to A4.Org customers for $4,500+ shipping (A $500 DISCOUNT). This price will only be good until November 30th. When the system goes on sale to the general public, it will have a suggested retail of $4,999 + shipping. For those of you with a Tiptronic, we offer a re-mapped transmission chip for an additional $400. If you would like to secure a system, we require a 1/3 ($1500) deposit with the balance due upon shipping. Production has begun and we expect to start shipping in early December. I know that many of you will have some technical questions, so Mike Nuskey (our engineer/prototype maker) and I will be taking your calls personally. Please be patient and leave your name and phone number if you have trouble getting through, or send us an e-mail with your phone number and the best time to reach you. We will call you back promptly. Below is our TOLL FREE number as well as a parts listing. We are very proud of our product and look forward to speaking with you about it!<p>Best Regards,<br>Tony Ricci<p> TOLL FREE : 877-697-1688 (USA) 908-806-8426 (OUTSIDE USA)<br> E-MAIL : tonyr@sprintmail.com <p>SYSTEM INCLUDES (MAJOR PARTS LISTED ONLY)…<br>EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER <br>K & N AIR FILTER<br>CUSTOM PES SUPERCHARGER SOFTWARE SERPENTINE BELT<br>HIGH VOLUME FUEL INJECTORS CNC MACHINED RACING TYPE BLOW OFF VALVE<br>ALUMINUM MANDREL BENT TUBING SILICON TURBO HOSES<br>CNC MACHINED ALUMINUM BRACKETS <br>HEAVY DUTY CLAMPS<br>CNC MACHINED ALUMINUM PULLEYS <br>ALL INSTALLATION HARDWARE INCLUDED <br>CNC MACHINED ALUMINUM PCV PORT THOROUGH INSTRUCTIONS<br>PCV FILTER<p>*ALL ALLUMINUM PARTS ARE HARD COAT ANODIZED FOR APPEARANCE AND DURABILITY<p><p><p><p><p><br>
Old 11-02-1998, 12:20 PM
neilm

Default For those of you with a Tiptronic, we offer a re-mapped transmission chip for an additional $400

Can the Tiptronic handle the added hp/torque of kit? What are you re-mapping the transmission chip to do? I'm interested, but have heard claims that the Tiptronic is not up to the task of higher power.<p>NeilM<br>98 Avant Sport Tip
Old 11-02-1998, 12:37 PM
stevebrown

Claims? Those ratings went from ZF to Tom Pinkston to A4.ORG...
Old 11-02-1998, 12:44 PM
chrisd

Default Casting call: who is stepping up to the Supercharger?

I am interested and curious, but downright frightened about the prospect of this upgrade actually downgrading engine. Obviously, the warranty is going to be shot so it's like who has large enough cajones and the $$$'s to step up to a system that does not have a history.<p>But boy am I intrigued!<p>98.5 pearl Avant QMS ( still festering with anxiety from last weekend b/c I haven't fixed the ding that my gf inflicted on my passenger door - god I feel violated)<br>
Old 11-02-1998, 12:46 PM
Drew S.

Default Did you achieve the advertised 280hp/290 ft lbs?

What are the final performance numbers on a PES supercharged A4? Did you meet or exceed the advertisements we've seen for 280 HP and 290 ft lbs of torque?<p>Drew S.<br>
Old 11-02-1998, 12:48 PM
Cris

Default all I can think of is a scene from the Monty Pythons....

when the King of Britain crys out to his knights (in this case, the 1.8Ts): "Run away, run away..." <p>On the other hand, in my neck of the woods, I doubt if anyone is willing to throw a blower on their 2.8 A4! <p>Cris<br>1.8TQ<br>
Old 11-02-1998, 01:24 PM
Big O

Oh, yeah, like you'll need it in Virginia without a Radar Detector . . . ;-)
Old 11-02-1998, 01:29 PM
Tony Ricci

Default An answer to the Tip question.

Neil,<br>Just as the engine ECU has maps, so does the transmission. We are completely re-mapping the transmission control unit for the added power. There are many maps, and they are difficult to re-program. I believe that we are the first company to successfully offer such a chip with our engine upgrade. <br> I understand your fears stemming from what you have heard others say, however they did not have our chip installed. Ordinarily, the Tiptronic would shift strangely when additional power is added to the engine above stock. Even a 1.8T Tiptronic with the added power of a chip, would not shift properly. With our chip, the tansmission behaves better than normal and reduces shift times from 1 sec. to .02 sec.<br> If we produced a supercharger kit that did not address fuel for example, chances are someone's motor would let go. People would then say that they heard that the 30V engine does not hold together when supercharged, or that supercharger systems blow motors. This will not happen with our system because we have addressed all issues. <br> In my release letter I stated that we will install the system in a actor's car, which will be featured in several magazines. That car is a Tiptronic, and will have the chip installed. <br> I hope I have put your mind at rest. Thank you for considering our system.<p>Tony
Old 11-02-1998, 01:31 PM
Drew S.

Default Hey, just because bribing the DMV is legal in Chicago doesn't give you the right to jump into this conversation! ;-)

I'm not going to buy the Supercharger anyway, but I'd like to know the numbers.<p>Hey, Big O, did you notice the thread about rubber winter mats smelling bad? You were there when I put them in the day after I got them in the mail. They didn't have an odor did they?<p>By the way, I'm thinking about getting a V1 anyway. I won't use it in VA, but a lot of my trips are to PA or DE thru MD and only the first 15 minutes of those trips are in VA. The rest is out of state and V1 legal! I'm also thinking about getting the $40 remote display thingie.<p>Drew<br>
Old 11-02-1998, 01:34 PM
Mr. ///M3

Default If you're in SoCal, we'll race and see what happens ...

(nt)

Quick Reply: PES SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM - DONE - ON SALE NOW!!!