A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Is PGperformance good site to do buisness on? I've read some negative threads, but overall -good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is PGperformance good site to do buisness on? I've read some negative threads, but overall -good?

I'm not trying to start a heated thread, just a simple answer that overall they are a good company or not to do buisness with. (and I understand one or two AW'ers are waiting on parts, but that may not be PGperformance's fault either...) I'm getting "mod-itis" I think, and want to start my shopping around.

Thanks by the way.
Old 02-14-2001, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, it seems they are backordered a lot. They seem to be a family company.

The guy is pretty funny to talk to, sounds German I believe, could be Dutch or something like that. Anyway, he is pretty helpful but you have to listen good some of the words get lost in the accent. One of the other local guys bought the euros and got them. I'm waiting for mine. We are going to put them on at the same time when mine come in.

I'm getting the Osram lights with my order. The ones that are close to white and blink orange.
Old 02-14-2001, 04:25 AM

Default I've had no problems. Shipping from Vancouver BC to East Coast takes about 10 days UPS

with stopover in Seattle for US Customs clearance. I recommend them and their prices
are good. If you want something special ordered from Germany, they indicated they
will try to accommodate you.
Old 02-14-2001, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice people to deal with, not the fastest shipping though...
Old 02-14-2001, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my input....(long - as some of you may have imagined)

I have gone off on them before, but I'l try to contain myself here . They are pleasent people to deal with. As some of you know, I ordered my euro housings in Dec, and continue to wait for them. I was told I would be bumped up to 3 day express shipping, because I waited so long, and I'm moving before they'd get here otherwise. This is very nice of them! I am supposed to get them Friday. I can't blame them for a back order, however, I CAN blame them for continually telling me that "we're getting a shipment tomorrow, and you'll get them a week or 2 after that." They told me that 3 or 4 different times, and, as you can guess, none of them were true. Had they told me "the product is on backorder, you may not see it for a few months.", I would have appreciated it. Instead, they just kept telling me what would shut me up, for the time being. They were nice about it, but I don't like being strung along. If it's gonna take 3 months...tell me! If it's really gonna take 2 weeks...then that's great too! Just don't tell me the same lie every time i call. Still waiting to call them (only 6:30 am there) to see if my housings shipped....they were supposed to get them 2/12 (monday), and get them TO ME by Friday, the latest. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-14-2001, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They sound cool - I'll have to check them out on your car
Old 02-14-2001, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to hear that, hope you get them soon. But, on the other hand...

They have have been told incorrectly as well that they were to receive them in the next week or so, and then they got burnt themselves, and were told again the same thing. Maybe they just passed on the only info. that they had to you.

Hopefully you'll get your lights this Friday. If so, it should say that the company themselves cares enough to ship them out ASAP once they themselves actually receive them.

Good luck.
Old 02-14-2001, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Fair enough. But like I said...

They got burned the first time, obviously (nothing they could have done in my original phone call to plan for that), so the 2nd time I called, they should have at least <B>hinted</B> to me of the situation. I had no knowledge that they didn't receive as many as they planned on, so it would have been nice of them to mention that.
Old 02-14-2001, 06:27 AM
SGP
AudiWorld Member

Thumbs up here.
Old 02-14-2001, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Re: Agree.

Quick Reply: Is PGperformance good site to do buisness on? I've read some negative threads, but overall -good?